Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review

NEVER AGAIN

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by travelman531

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

We travelled with our two children and have been on a number of cruises. This cruise we booked the Grand Suite which was a treat and quite expensive, but we were happy to pay the price for the expected luxury. my main issue is the customer service at TUI as I never really complain and with this cruise I emailed the travel agent whilst on our holiday who placed the complaint for us. For the entire cruise we had to use the public toilets as our suite wouldn't flush, they came everyday to try and fix it. The first three evening we try to eat in firstly the inclusive restaurants but 2 hours waits due to the volume at what they called peak times 7pm - 8pm and when trying to go to the pay for restaurants they were all fully booked up until the 9.30pm - 10.0 pm slots which was late for the kids. I went to customer services on board and was told that " I should have planned my time better as soon as I boarded" which made my blood boils made me write to the travel agent and request for me to see a manager. I hate kicking off but I had, had a enough I had paid many thousands for this holiday and could get to eat. The manager did apologise and said that there had been a change of policy with regards to sitting, it was basically a first come first served and same with the booking the paid restaurants which meant if you didn't know this as we didn't, all the bookings places were taken up for the week by people who knew.

The other issue it would take 20 - 30 minutes to get served at the bars, whatever time of day due to the lack of staff. This upset many customers, again following complaints it was told that it was because of a change over of staff from the different cruises. This was very frustrating for many people. We upgraded to the premium drinks package, which was only £50.00 each, however the ship ran out on the first night of many of the premium drinks so we had to drink the drinks that was included, so that was a bit of waste but not much financially, annoying with everything else we was experiencing.

As I said I have an issue with TUI customer services because the send an auto reply to the complaint email saying they would get back within 28 days, they didn't so I chased it and received a very feeble response which I replied to and never got a further response.

TUI do not care so that is me done with them, I unfortunately have paid for 2 more holidays with them which amount to in excess of £17000, but that is my journey done with this uncaring company. I understand things go wrong and it happens and I have never had cause to do a written complaint and the way TUI responded I will simply spend my money elsewhere in future and not that they are bothered but they have lost a customer who holidays very frequently. THEIR LOSS !!

This is an element response I received

" I have taken the opportunity to read through your complaint and have noted all the points you have raised in regards to the restaurant service and suite toilet.

I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with the restaurant’s service and the two wines had ran out. I can understand how upsetting this would have been for you as this was not what you expected, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion. I would like to inform you that all the restaurants are a third party contract and we are unable to have much influence over it."

travelman531's Full Rating Summary

The toilet did not work for the whole holiday even though they tried every day to fix it , Pay for a Grand Suite and having to go to the public toilet is not really very good.

Corfu

We adventured by ourselves by a taxi it was a great little shopping place with lovely food restaurants close to the port.

travelman531