I really tried to enjoy Marina she comes with a great reputation however overall I was disappointed.
1. The decor is very dated I know she was refurbished only a couple of years ago, but why make her look so dull, old fashioned and over-done?
2.The enrichment and shore information was non existent. No lectures, no on screen information just an overview in the daily news letter. Every day the local TA would be available on the ship - that's it.
3.We were hoping to dance while on the cruise but we found the band in the horizons lounge to have a repetitive repertoire with a thin sound. They also looked most of the time pretty disinterested.
4.The shuttle buses were a disaster in most ports. Long queues, long waits, lots of frustrated guests, us included. Lots of statements that the shuttle buses are provided by the local authorities and Oceania takes no responsibility. It seems to me that if Oceania advertise that their ship is visiting a locatation then they should make it their business to ensure their guests are able to get there.
5. In in room information services whilst providing next to no information about the ports spend a lot of time advertising (paid) services at the spa, the shops.
6. We went to a couple of the stage productions and they were really good. The dancing music and singing were terrific. Other nights we would walk in to see what was playing and walk out again disappointed.
7 The food was overall of a high standard in the buffet restaurant. The wines offered on the most part were very good also.
8. The coffee in Barista's is terrible.I wouldn't care so much but they make such a big deal about having proper baristas on board
9. Of the specialty restaurants we had one fabulous dinner at Red Ginger, and the second time it was average. The Polo Grill was nothing special, we had a great Italian meal In Toscano however Jacques was a real disappointment. Was that dry chicken breast with thickened mushroom sauce meant to be coq au vin? I question the (french) waiter and he agreed with me and then said: "what can I say, the chef is Canadian!"
10. The staff everywhere on this ship are terrific, friendly, nothing too much trouble
11. Internet was painfully slow (2KB a sec) and only allowed one device at a time per cabin
The room was comfortable and roomy, the bed was wonderful and the bathroom was generously sized. Everything was well maintained and sparkling clean.
We stayed here a week after the cruise. This city is full of rustic charm, (or run down -depending on your outlook). A bland city it is not. People are friendly, food is very good, getting the 28 tram is a brilliant. Lisbon is unique. WARNING:We arrived and 2 other ships were in port as well. Hundred of people were all trying o get taxis. it was terrible. We got around it by ordering an Uber.
Lots to see here. We joined a free walking tour around the city and learned a lot about the history. Be prepared to walk up and down steep hills. Try the port (yum).
We were there on a Sunday. No much open, not much to see.
Guggenheim Museum is a mush see for art and architecture lovers. The trams easy to use, is worth getting the tram into the old part of town. There is a great food market there that also has tapas and wine bars. The food was fantastic, was great to share Saturday Market day with the locals.
The ship was anchored right in town. It is a beautiful city! We hired local bikes and cycled around the city, we had so much fun doing this - so easy to do. We joined a tour of 2 Chateaux an St Emilion through the TA. Less that 1/2 the price of the similar tour offered on the ship. We had a great time learning about Bordeaux wine making and especially tasting!!
Got the shuttle us to Le Havre and then the Bee Bus to Honfleur, has a wonderful lunch and wander through this gorgeous medieval port town.
Spent a lovely time in St Malo walking along the medieval streets and along the ramparts Only a short walk from the terminal into town.
La Rochelle is a charming town, except that with all the problems with shuttle buses (and and an earlier than usual departure we only had a couple of hours in town.