I really tried to enjoy Marina she comes with a great reputation however overall I was disappointed. 1. The decor is very dated I know she was refurbished only a couple of years ago, but why make her look so dull, old fashioned and over-done? 2.The enrichment and shore information was non existent. No lectures, no on screen information just an overview in the daily news letter. Every day the local TA would be available on the ship - that's it. 3.We were hoping to dance while on the cruise but we found the band in the horizons lounge to have a repetitive repertoire with a thin sound. They also looked most of the time pretty disinterested. 4.The shuttle buses were a disaster in most ports. Long queues, long waits, lots of frustrated guests, us included. Lots of statements that the shuttle buses are provided by the local authorities and Oceania takes no responsibility. It seems to me that if Oceania advertise that their ship is visiting a locatation then they should make it their business to ensure their guests are able to get there. 5. In in room information services whilst providing next to no information about the ports spend a lot of time advertising (paid) services at the spa, the shops. 6. We went to a couple of the stage productions and they were really good. The dancing music and singing were terrific. Other nights we would walk in to see what was playing and walk out again disappointed. 7 The food was overall of a high standard in the buffet restaurant. The wines offered on the most part were very good also. 8. The coffee in Barista's is terrible.I wouldn't care so much but they make such a big deal about having proper baristas on board 9. Of the specialty restaurants we had one fabulous dinner at Red Ginger, and the second time it was average. The Polo Grill was nothing special, we had a great Italian meal In Toscano however Jacques was a real disappointment. Was that dry chicken breast with thickened mushroom sauce meant to be coq au vin? I question the (french) waiter and he agreed with me and then said: "what can I say, the chef is Canadian!" 10. The staff everywhere on this ship are terrific, friendly, nothing too much trouble 11. Internet was painfully slow (2KB a sec) and only allowed one device at a time per cabin

Marina, over promises and under delivers

Marina Cruise Review by coleen c

coleen c’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1
The room was comfortable and roomy, the bed was wonderful and the bathroom was generously sized. Everything was well maintained and sparkling clean.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins