Norwegian Gem Cruise Review
2,530 Reviews

Do not celebrate your special occasions here!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by hantanesian

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: undefined

When I made the reservation for my friend and I and our husbands, I mentioned to NCL agent that we are celebrating my 44 year anniversary. Big year right? Who can say that these days! The agent told me they will send us a cake with a card to celebrate our special occasion..We were left empty!!

Our mattress was so uncomfortable that my husband and I received back pain. One week later, we are still experiencing pain.....

We tried the food at different restaurants and everything we were served was very cold. Also, the menu was same every night.

Overall quality of the food within the Buffet was unacceptable. The ship had over 2000 passengers and all of us could not be accommodated in the dining halls. There were not enough tables to sit and this left us all wandering around to find a table to sit. It was a very uncomfortable experience for all of us.

All PA announcements were not clear and we could not understand the anything said. This is worrying in times of emergency.

WIFI was part of my package at the time of reservation and I was not able to use it. I personally went to the front desk asking for help but no one knew how to do it.

Let’s just say I’m a veteran. I’ve been on 20 cruises in my life and overall this was the worst experience I’ve had to date. Both my husband and I along with our friends were disappointed in taking Norwegian. I chose this cruise to celebrate an important anniversary and it did not meet any of our expectations. I will not recommend this to anyone especially those who want to celebrate an important occasion.

hantanesian's Full Rating Summary