3. Pride of America
This was a beautiful cruise from the standpoint of getting off the ship and sightseeing on our own. We generally rented a car everyday and had a wonderful time sightseeing and adventuring out on our own. Oh, by the way, we had a lot more freedom and it was so much LESS expensive than booking an excursion through the cruise line! Generally, I was most unimpressed with NCL. I have sailed with a couple of other cruise lines and NCL is quite sub par compared to others. In fact, I will not cruise with NCL again! We missed a major portion of the beauty of Hawaii on the trip from Kauai to Honolulu (the Napali Coast) due to ship repairs while in Kauai. NCL gave everyone very little notice and a $100 shipboard credit, not nearly substantial enough to cover an excursion of the Napali Coast if you decided to do it yourself, and most tours were already booked. The dining room hours (NCL promotes their open dining policy as being unique) was poorly administered and confusing to everyone. The food and service, to say the least, was poor. It's like since they are the only cruise line that sails Hawaii, NCL only makes the minimal effort in regard to service and quality.

Hawaiian Island Cruise