3. MSC Divina
I chose this cruise because I did a similar "repositioning" cruise last year on the Preziosa and enjoyed it. This time we were going to New York, which I have never been to. Embarkation was not good this time - not enough people and information at the port in Lisbon which resulted in us carrying our suitcases to the cabin ourselves. I didn't think the food was as good on Divina as it was on Preziosa last year. We asked to be sat on a table with other English speakers. Initially we were sat on a table with no other people. Then we were moved to a table with two very rude Chinese/Americans who didn't attempt to talk to us and talked to each other in Chinese. Next we were moved to another table on our own and at last were put on a table with 4 other English speakers, who we stayed with for the remainder of the cruise. In general the food was good, with lots of choice. A couple of times we were served inedible, tough meat which many people sent back. We had breakfast and dinner in the MDR and went to the buffet for lunch and snacks. Always somewhere to sit in the buffet and lots of food choices. Service was a bit patchy sometimes though. We also picked up a heavy head cold again - the germs must be travelling around the air conditioning system. A lot of people on the cruise were coughing and sneezing. We missed Ponta Delgada due to the weather, which was no-ones fault. We went to Tenerife instead which I've already been to and don't really like. Bermuda was good and we took a tour, booked independently, of the island which was a pleasant way to spend a few hours. The highlight was New York - the ship was docked within walking distance of Times Square and we took an excursion downtown to see ground zero. We also took a wrap around island tour on the river, which was good. Entertainment on the ship was mostly good - only went to the evening show a few times, most of which were good. Entertainment in the bars was better - a great duo in the piano bar, a good band in the Jazz bar and fun stuff going on in the Black and White lounge, including Irish dance lessons. Disembarkation was lengthy but well organised and we only had to wait about 10 minutes for a taxi to our hotel.

GOOD ITINERARY ALTHOUGH WE MISSED PONTA DELGADA

kayboia’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 8263
Good size with plenty of storage space. A very comfortable bed and pillows. Small but sufficient balcony. My only "complaint" would be that our cabin wasn't very clean - all the front surfaces, e.g. cabin door, wardrobe doors, had fingermarks all over them which had clearly never been cleaned.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins