3. Enchantment of the Seas
Traveled with my husband and 9mth old baby. We booked through a travel agent Nikkia Fun Tours and chose Enchantment of the Seas as it was one on the smaller ships. Since it was my husband’s first cruise, a three night was a perfect starter length. We sailed on October 26th leaving from Port Canaveral to Freeport Bahamas, Cocoa Cay then back to Port Canaveral. Embarkation/Debarkation: This was a breeze. We had all our necessary documents, our bag tags and all other pertinent information were already mailed to us by our wonderful travel agent at Nikkia Fun Tours. We parked our car, tagged our checked luggage, headed up to the check in counters and were given our sea pass cards with no hassle. Same for when it was time to exit the ship, we headed to the deck per our group number and walked right off the ship, our bags were already waiting once we got off and customs was a breeze. Food: Once we got on the ship at around 11:45am we headed straight to the windjammer and found a table since our rooms would not have been ready until 1pm. Lunch was ready and it tasted great! Many wonderful options. A waiter came around and offered to bring us drinks and also to fill my son’s thermos with hot water that I needed to mix his formula later that day. We purchased the non-alcoholic drink package so indulged in a number of virgin cocktails, with the Pina Colada being my favorite and also our choice of sodas in our souvenir cups. Dinner in my fair lady was good, and since it was my birthday we also ate at Chops grill, it was a nice ambiance but outside of a special occasion I don’t think it’s really worth the extra cost. It was nice that the waiter surprised us with a bottle of wine compliments of my awesome travel agent who was very thoughtful and detailed indeed. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for hassle free cruise travel booking. Cabin: We booked a balcony room, deck 7 near the back of the ship. It was in a great location near the elevators and in a really quiet part of the vessel. Our travel agent had ordered a pack and play for the room and it was already set up for us once we got to the room. The room was not very large but well organized and enough for the three of us. The balcony was a big plus, love being able to go outside enjoy the view of the ocean and get some fresh air. Ports of Call: Freeport: we booked our own excursion. I used excursioneer.com to book day passes to Grand Lucayan Lighthouse Point Resort. It was exceptional! I would say that if it’s not peak season don’t use a booking site, you can grab one of the cabs at the port at $10 round trip and it will take you to the Lucayan Marketplace, from there it’s a short walk to the resort and you can buy the day passes for $20 per adult at the front desk. We ended up paying $25pp since we used a booking site. The resort was not at all crowded and we had full use of all their amenities for the day. We had fun in both the pool and the beach. Coco Cay: We only spent about 30mis there since the captain canceled the day due to high ground swells which caused the rides on the tenders to be very choppy. This was disappointing but it seems like Coco Cay would be a nice place to spend a sunny day. We will be back to try this again! Babies and Tots Daycare Absolutely loved the daycare option on the Enchantment of the seas. It was clean, safe and the caretakers were phenomenal. Our baby spent a total of 9hrs at daycare so that mom and dad could have some found around the ship on days 2 and 3. We had no problems and they took great care of him, $8/hr well spent. Overall it was a great cruise and we will most certainly sail with Royal Caribbean again, maybe for a longer cruise next time. Our baby had a fantastic time and we had a relaxing 3days.

Enjoyable Birthday Cruise

adougie’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1B 7528
Cabin was clean, well organized and comfortable for our family of 3. There was enough room for the pack and play that we needed for our 9mth old.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins