3. Silver Galapagos
Booked cruise to Galapagos, always on my bucket list, expecting in depth exploration of the islands. I did not investigate land geography, volcanic islands with little or no vegetation and very limited animal life. Hikes on the islands was treacherous at the best of times especially in our age bracket, over 70. Nowhere in cruise literature did I find that the tours are at least 50% water sports, snorkeling and kaiaking. Naturalists on board, some very good others overage. Boarding and getting off zodiacs was well planned with lots of safety measures. Transportation to and from airports was very good, well planned. The buffet breakfast, worst on any cruise ship, dinners, although tasty, at times, offered portions inadequate for adults, perhaps too small even for children. Wines included in the menu were mostly Chilean and Argentinian, lowest quality money can buy. Specialty wine list had prices above what is expected on a cruise ship. Life on board was practically non existent, the bar had a limited supply of beverages. Silver Sea must have a program where profits are maximized at the expense of customers while paying in excess of $1,400/day. My wife and I may never take another Silver Sea cruise.

The cruise to Galapagos Islands, disappointing, below our expectations.

Silver Galapagos Cruise Review by Gluck

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda Suite

Gluck’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Galapagos price drops

Deluxe Veranda Suite
Cabin DX 420
Clean, roomy for ship size, bathroom very small, difficult to move around, enjoyed veranda, I don't know what we would have done without it. An extra $1,000/person we paid last minute was worth the money.
Deck 4 Suite Cabins