3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
I have seen on the reviews that the qm2 transalantic crossing was floating nursing home i am going to have to disgre.e with that remark i am in my forties ( 47 ) i was travelling with mum who is a very fit 78 year old. while yes many passengers were alot older but most were very acitve dancing singing walking the deck mum my 78 year old mother was doing 10 miles ( 30 ) laps of the deck an even this youngster couldnt keep up a times! My 78 year old mother would do two dance classes everyday plus dancing for leisure in the evening. I did not find the entertaimment boring there was loads to do not just kniiting as been mentioned! There were quizzes on top of the dancing plenty of excellent shows in the evening. An many more activities. We saw 3 films in the cinema an there was many more some were not to our taste. Not just one as mentioned before an yes i was on the same cruise there was plenty of tv programmes lost of different films in english though i wasn't there to spend my time watching tv. When getting ready for the evening i had the lecture channel on an found them interesting. I spent time in the kings court on my own not once did i ask for the staff to come over to me if wanted tea coffee etc even though i don't drink tea or coffee or alcohol. The reason i gave 4 stars was because the food itself was a bit of poor standard though what they were trying to achieve was good the taste was often poor an somethings were a bit dry an shrivelled up as been left out along time. Another reason i gave 4 stars while the excursions we went on were very good. But one was cut short due to the late arrival into new york an our other one was cancelled at short notice an when we went to look at other excursions they were booked up an all was left was transfer to macys. The staff in the brittania restaurant were excellent oh i do have a moan about the vegetarian menu it was the same menu for the whole of the 28 day cruise an also 3 of the dishes were all mushroom based diss so wasn't enough variety. I found the cruise good value for money even with the few faults. The captains speech at midday was very informative an i looked foward to hear him at midday.

Pleased With the Cruise from a Youngster!

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by laurajean47

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, obstructed view
laurajean47’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, obstructed view
Cabin DF
Not great due to lifeboat outside obstructing my view but this was down to our travel agent misinforming us.
Deck 8 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins