3. Celebrity Silhouette
We went to Norway for a week with the Eclipse in May and had a good time, with great service and decent food, so we decided to go again to the Azores, Madeira and the Canaries for two weeks in September. The cabin steward Ovideo, was wonderful, but the balcony cabin needs an update....bathroom a bit grotty and the carpet too. The plumbing from the cabins above were so noisy that it sounded as if a chair was being scraped across a metal floor when the toilets were flushed, and that started from about 6.15 in the morning, it drove me mad. My main problem was the food. The Ocean View was fine, and we ate there most days for breakfast and lunch, eggs benedict in a self service....great. I ate Indian most days, and most of the English specialities were good. The pizza and pasta and Mexican was not to my taste, having had the best pizzas with Costa in the past. The Grande Cuvee restaurant was mediocre. The tables are very close together, the food was poor most of the time, apart from 2 or 3 really good dishes. I don't think it helps that we are retired restaurateurs, 35 years our own restaurant and my husband is a chef. The food was not nearly as good at the Eclipse. The waiting staff were wonderful, and no gripes on that front.The lobster on the last evening was not good and I sent it back and they gave me one that was ok, served with unpeeled boiled potatoes, two asparagus and a wedge of lemon. The entertainment was quite good, with daily quizzes and good shows. We have been back for 5 weeks and have not yet received anything from Celebrity to fill in about the cruise. The Wifi prices are outrageous, and the drinks packages are pretty pricey. One week after returning I reserved our next two 12 day cruises for next year.....but not with Celebrity.

Not as good at the Eclipse

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by judyandthegang

The entertainment was quite good, with daily quizzes and good shows.

The Wifi prices are outrageous, and the drinks packages are pretty pricey.

judyandthegang’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B 00707497
We had a cabin with balcony, with a wonderful steward called Ovideo. The carpet needs changing, and the bathroom is getting a bit old.
My biggest problem was that the plumbing system in our part of the ship was extremely noisy. From about 6.15 in the morning there were these terrible noises that sounded like chairs being dragged along a metal floor above our heads. After a lot of investigation it turned out that it was the toilets being flushed. I didn't sleep well from the early morning onwards.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins