3. Norwegian Gem
I traveled with my husband and my mom. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Haven villa. The room was beautiful. The Haven pool area was beautiful. Made, was the Valet in the pool area. He was wonderful. Great service and great personality. Our butler's name was Teo and cabin stewart was John. Loved them all. We chose this cruise for the scenery, which did not disappoint. The New England coastline was beautiful. Being in the Haven, embarkation was great. No lines, private sitting area. Once onboard, we were escorted to Cagney's for lunch. The food on the Gem, was very good, however, we had better food on the Pearl in Alaska in August of 2017. The soups all tasted the same - bisque and chowders should be thick. Both were runny and tasteless. The corn chowder tasted like pulverized canned cream corn. Watery, flavorless. At every meal, with the exception of two, our coffee was cold. At Moderno for breakfast, they bring a french press coffee pot to the table, even that was cold. The shows were good and the three of us enjoyed them. However, if it wasn't for being in the Stardust Theatre, we would have NEVER seen our cruise director Lorena. I have been on 20+ cruises and she is by far the worst cruise director I have ever had. She would announce the show and beat it. You never saw here anywhere on the ship, ever. When she made announcements over the PA system, you could not understand her. I never saw (except on the TV in the room) the assistant cruise director. Tours - Poor offering. This is the first cruise I booked my own tours, with the exception of Boston - and I wish I would have booked that on my own as well. We chose the Salem Witch Museum, which is NOT a museum. It is a bad enactment of the witch trials. Hooky, stupid, boring. Our tour guide Cathy (thank you NCL, NOT) spent the entire time on the bus yelling at the driver. How he kept his cool is beyond me. Every other word out of her mouth was Etc., Etc., Etc. Waste of money. Stop doing this tour. I can't believe it would even appeal to a young adult or child. Gift Shop - Hello, does anyone who is purchasing items for the gift shop realize that you are cruising to New England and Canada, and not a Caribbean Island? All summer clothes, beachware, flip flops. The temperature was COLD. How about a sweatshirt or t-shirt from one of the actual stops on the ship? All in all, I love Norwegian Cruise Line. I love their dining options. I did feel that the food on the Gem was not as good as other NCL ships I have been on, but I went on this cruise to see the scenery, which was beautiful. We will definitely cruise again, on NCL, however I will try to find out prior to booking who the cruise director will be. They make or break your trip.

Beautiful Scenery