3. MSC Divina
Chose the cruise because of itinerary---which didn't happen. To be positive, the highlights: Cabin was nice and larger than most ships on which I've sailed. Young man taking care of cabin was great!!! That's it!!!!!!!!! The cons: Were lied to many times by ship's officers. These included, but were not limited to: a. Being told that there was no TV because they couldn't get signal. They didn't pay for American set-up. So, no TV for twelve days. Catching up on news now...... While in NYC there were no spirits. They put out signs stating that this was because of New York port regs. Not true, ship messing officer told me that they had forgotten to get liquor license. So much for buying the drink package. As it turned out, blaming the Americans was often the answer to problems. Backfired once though as the PA announced that we were late leaving the ship in Bermuda because of the Americans----I guess that someone never learned that Bermuda was a British territory. Changed itinerary and skipped the Azores. Were told that this was due to a hurricane that was going to hit there----it had already passed. And there were more lies. Secondly, the food was awful. We also had opted for dinner in the dining room, but the service was so bad that we began using the buffet after four nights. There were times that it would take over an hour to get the main course. Food in any venue was never hot. Eggs were always cold. On two days we started the day without coffee. This would occur frequently during the day. To top that off, there were also two days that they ran out of coffee mugs. Food varieties were slim. Ran out of hand sanitizer for five days. Getting on and off the ship was an ordeal. As opposed to other ships that I've been on, this had no food around the pool area and you were required to pay for ice cream. Library was closed the first four days for staff training. Was told that this was to teach employees on methods of interacting with Americans. I think that some flunked the course. When library did open, it contained two books, one on cats and the other The Book of Mormons. No decent quiet lounges to just sit and read or play games. Excursions generally started late and many didn't cover advertised venues. I could go on but won't. My advice would be to avoid this company at all costs. They will certainly never see me or many of my fellow cruisers again.

A total wreck!!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by gbraun

Cabin was nice and larger than most ships on which I've sailed.

Young man taking care of cabin was great!!!

That's it!!!!!!!!!

The cons:

And there were more lies.

Food varieties were slim.

Ran out of hand sanitizer for five days.

Getting on and off the ship was an ordeal.

No decent quiet lounges to just sit and read or play games.

Excursions generally started late and many didn't cover advertised venues.

gbraun’s Full Rating Summary