3. Celebrity Reflection
The ship was lovely, didn't feel at all crowded (although got quite busy in the buffet restaurant at breakfast). Everything in the main areas seemed good quality and clean. I liked how there were different bars with different feels (types of drinks, music/entertainment etc). I didn't like how 'gangs' of children roamed around the ship as if it was their private playground, running around, shouting at others, lounging over chairs in the quiet areas. Their parents were nowhere to be seen. I wouldn't go in school holidays again. I didn't go in the pool as it was overrun with children, the Jacuzzis too, but we did enjoy sitting on the level above the pool, and also on the top solstice deck, which was lovely and quiet. The indoor pool, which was adults only, was also quiet but we struggled to get beds/seats in there. We ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet restaurant, which had a good choice and the quality was also good (not outstanding though). We ate dinner in the main restaurant. We had flexible dining but managed to eat in the same area with the same staff every night, which we really enjoyed. The menus were varied and there was always something we wanted. The food was very good, also piping hot and tasty. The wait staff and sommelier were excellent, they worked so hard and were lovely to talk to. The food in the pool bar was OK, frozen burgers which didn't look very appetising, the hot dog tasted fine. We had the classic drinks package and upgraded to the premium package before we arrived but our cards hadn't been updated and had to queue for ages to get new cards so we could buy drinks. There was always plenty of choice for entertainment. We saw a couple of shows and thought the singers and dancers were very good. We also attended the silent disco in the main foyer which was a lot of fun! I just wish children were kept away, as it was supposed to be adults only. The 'nightclub' was OK but the DJ wasn't very amenable to playing requests - even though there was only a dozen people in there! The music in the bars was really nice. We enjoyed the classical duo and the jazz group. The martini bar was fun, especially when the bar tenders showed off their skills! We went on a 6-day cruise around the Mediterranean and enjoyed most of the ports. Naples wasn't that nice. We got an open top tour bus around the city, and after seeing it, I'm glad we didn't walk. We did a couple of shore excursions, which were very well organised and pretty good value for money. This is the second cruise we've taken, the first was with Holland America. I'd definitely go on another Celebrity cruise!

Lovely ship, excellent staff, great time!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lountom

lountom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 2A 7210
The cabin was nice, plenty of space for us, although I wish there were more hooks to hang things. The bathroom was very spacious with loads of storage. The cabin could do with a refurb soon I think, a few scuffs here and there, e.g. the sofa was ripped. I think the cabin attendant was quite new as we had to call on him for things he'd forgotten like towels and the port information sheets (including the disembarkation information which we had to get from reception in the end). I think there should be recycling bins in the cabins, like other hotels provide.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• La Spezia (Cinque Terre)
    We did the Pisa trip which started off with a drive through a nature reserve and then a boat trip into Pisa, which was lovely. We had enough time in Pisa and the cruise had organised for us to get water and use the toilets at a local restaurant. The guide was very knowledgeable and told us the history and pointed out interesting sights on the coach journey and while we were there.
    View All 297 La Spezia (Cinque Terre) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's La Spezia (Cinque Terre) Cruise Port Review
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Unfortunately it rained heavily when we arrived and just before we left and the coach park was a 5 minute walk from the Pompeii site. However it was mostly dry walking around the site. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. It was very busy though, there were 3 cruise ships in Naples and they had all arranged tours.
    View All 470 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews