3. Carnival Vista
We were initially excited to try out this new ship. Overall, we had a great time with our family. This is cruise #3 for us and all 3 cruises have been with Carnival. We have been on the Imagination and Glory prior to this cruise. Our cruise on the Glory was far better than this cruise. =============================================================== The Good: Dining experience was exceptional as always. Our servers were friendly and worked hard to get us what we needed. The first night was a little rough, but the remainder of the week went smooth. The food was decent with the exception of a few items. Guy's Pig and Anchor - Here you can get a variety of BBQ meats along with macaroni salad and potato salad. We ate here 3 time during the cruise. The chicken was exceptional and my favorite. The brisket was OK, but was not tender. I felt they rushed the brisket and didn't allow the connective tissues to reach the proper temp to become tender. I definitely recommend you try the food here. Guy's Burgers - I enjoy the burgers here as long as they are not sitting on the bun to long before you get one. Otherwise the bun will be soggy. Blue Iguana Cantina - Everything here is great. Build your own tacos and burritos. I just wish they were open more hours during the day. Rooms were clean and everything was functional. Plenty of room for clothes in closets. Housekeeping personnel were all very friendly and took care of our needs. I still had to ask for an extension cord for my CPAP machine. I thought since the ship was fairly new that the rooms could accommodate a CPAP without the need of an extension cord stretched across the room, but that was not the case. Overall, our rooms were great. Entertainment - Plenty to do and see. We didn't get to try everything during our one week cruise. Staff – Most of the staff were very nice and helpful. Especially in our room and dining areas. No complaints on hospitality here. Excursions - All of our excursions were well organized once on shore. I cannot rate some of them here since they were not a Carnival Excursion. Definitely recommend the Stingray swim at Cayman Islands. =============================================================== The Bad: Embarkation - Embarkation was very unorganized. The line of cruisers getting on was so long it was mingling with the cruisers getting off the ship. Separation of the two groups would help. Then our group was separated into different zones even after we asked to stay together. So our family was split into tow separate waiting areas while we all waited about 45 minutes before getting on the ship. All the elevators were in "X" mode being used by crew to move luggage so we had to use stairs with our carry on. Not too bad for me, but some in my group have physical impairments that make stairs difficult for them. Buffet - We avoided the Marketplace buffet due to the long lines. Several of our family members waited close to 30 minutes in line only to have the buffet close on them while in line. My wife and I used the buffet one night since we skipped our early dining due to the long excursion day and had to wait in line for over 30 minutes just to get our meal. Ridiculous. Elevators - Getting on an elevator was always an issue. We would have 5 to 10 minutes to get on. I believe this was due to the increased number of people on board. There were about the same number of elevators on Vista as Glory but 30% more passengers. We weren't the only cruisers who noticed this issue. It was a common discussion while waiting to get on one. Our room was on deck 2, so taking the stairs up to Lido Deck 10 was a bit of a trek. We actually got off the elevator when a disabled cruiser in a wheelchair and his wife were trying to get on. They were very grateful. Comedy Shows - The Limelight Lounge was packed at every comedy show. In order to get in, we had to get in line about 30 to 45 minutes before the show start time. Otherwise we would not get a seat. We also had an issue with people cutting in line once the doors opened. They would walk around and look at the art on the walls and when the doors opened, push their way in. We actually had it out with the comedy director, Kate, as she insisted that cutting doesn't happen. Once more of the cruisers behind us chimed in, she changed her tune. The next night she was directing the cutters to go back to the other end of the line. Cooking Demonstration - This was done in the atrium out in the open versus in a separate room (like on the Glory). Cruisers at the bar and those passing through the area would grab samples and walk off. As a result, many of those in attendance didn’t even get to sample the food that was demonstrated. Port Days – Getting off and back on the boat took a while, much longer than the 2 previous cruises we did. Drinks – I am not much of a drinker, so I was surprised when I ordered drinks and got such a difference in alcohol strength. I ordered the same drink most of the time and they were all inconsistent. My wife switched to beer after she was disappointed in the mixed drinks. At least the alcohol content was consistent. =============================================================== Overall there is plenty to do on the ship if you like standing in lines for your vacation. They have many new restaurants but they cost more money if you want food there. We are probably going to try another cruise line after this experience. This is based on our latest experience as well as reading other reviews that state many of same issues we had.

Good cruise but could use improvement

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by sixT5stang

The Good:

The Bad:

sixT5stang’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2294
Rooms were clean and everything was functional. Plenty of room for clothes in closets. Housekeeping personnel were all very friendly and took care of our needs. I still had to ask for an extension cord for my CPAP machine. I thought since the ship was fairly new that the rooms could accommodate a CPAP without the need of an extension cord stretched across the room, but that was not the case. Overall, our rooms were great. We had a cove balcony and this room had a less obstructed view than others (lifeboats). The room next to us (2296?) would have a fully unobstructed view from balcony.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins