Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by drtr95
- Sail Date: October 2018
- Destination: Transatlantic
- Cabin Type: Balcony
Ship is beautifully decorated. The ship’s library was huge, with more books than some schools’ libraries. Our stateroom (with balcony) seemed slightly larger than similar rooms we’ve had while cruising.
Dining room meals were varied and creative, with some occasional misses. Lunch buffets were very good; breakfast could use some variety.
We were highly pleased with our waiter team.
Slot machine odds in the casino seemed more generous than other ships we’ve been on (meaning we won).
Shows were uniformly excellent. Most guest speakers were entertaining. The in-house singers/dancers, band, and guest artists were great.
Overall, great value for the money: we had a package with 5 nights London hotel for a modest price. That being said, we have some suggestions for improvements for Cunard
• TV needs to include US sports. We got American cable news, but only Brit sports, other than one NHL game. At least show NFL in the lounge, not to mention the World Series.
• Rooms need to have clocks, or have the phone (which has the time) next to the bed.
• Internet connection on public computers needs to be faster or cheaper: it’s slow, as on other ships, and overpriced (like a lot onboard) for what you get.
• The room assigned to bridge games was too small, limited to 13 tables. People had to be turned away.
250,000+ people have entered their email