3. Celebrity Infinity
We choose this cruise as it was only for 4 day’s and fitted in with our kids half term holiday. However it being 4 day’s is what may have let it down? I think as it was just 4 day’s you had a different type of passenger cruising? There were very few other children in the cruise but that wasn’t really and issue and I did realise before going there wouldn’t be a lot for the kids to do. They did enjoy themselves though and the family balcony cabin they had was great. The ship it’s self is quite old but I think that is onlybrelflected in the cabins and not the other areas of the ship. The pool was good and always plenty of chairs around. We only had one sea day and did avoid the sun deck as we knew it would be crazy busy. The dinning room service was excellent. The food was good but not always great. But the waiter we had was very good. We didn’t eat in any of the speciality restaurants. The noise in the main dinning room could be quite loud to enjoy much conversation sometimes. I found the oceanview grill, in my opinion, not great, very canteen like? And quite a lot of the same food just repeated? We stopped at Key West and Nassau, Bahamas. We enjoyed Key West and did the counch tour which we booked ourselves. However we really didn’t like Nassau. We had been here about 17 years ago and feel like it has really change (which of course it would have done in that amount of time) Would definitely avoid a cruise where it took you here. I had done some research and found that all the excursion (independent) where so expensive thought we would just walk around the town, but didn’t enjoy it much and my Mother went back to the ship after 20 mins of being in the town. Overall we had a great 3 day, made use of the drinks package and the the family ocean view room my husband had with the kids was a good size. I shared a Concierge cabin with my Mum and really don’t understand what we paid the extra for? I think because it was a shorter cruise found there were quite a few groups drinking etc. Didn’t bother us they were having a good time but not really the atmosphere we wanted. Everyone was VERY casually dressed, again not a massive big deal but personal preference is to be more dressy. I really thought Celebrity would be a step up from say Royal Caribbean but I didn’t find this. Maybe because it was 4 day cruise. I really thought (wrongly) Celebrity would be “posher”. Not the cruise lines fault but obviously my perception. We were in cabin 8168 Family Ocean view and Conceirge 8162. The ratings are for familynocean view

Great holiday with family

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by cruise1804

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View with Balcony

cruise1804’s Full Rating Summary

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 8168
Great space although not as much wardrobe space as I thought. Balcony was very large and really good. Never been in a true aft cabin before and thought view from balcony was lovely.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins