Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review
1,208 Reviews

A Wonderful Week Spent on a Diverted Cruise!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by sbwmail

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Although we were supposed to cruise to the Mexican Riviera ports of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas on Oct. 20, 2018, due to Hurricane Willa, the caption announced during our first evening at dinner that we would be headed to San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada instead. This new itinerary was not only frustrating and disappointing, but inconvenient, since most people had packed for hot weather, and had little, if any, clothing and shoes for the 59 degree temperature in San Francisco. Yes, there is a lesson there to pack for every possibility of weather and temperatures in the future, but it was also disappointing since many Californians on board, including me, and probably others also, didn't want to see those cities, which were a few miles from where we boarded and live. I realize we couldn't sail into a hurricane, or rough waters, but perhaps there may have been some more interesting ports outside of California selected by NCL. NCL definitely knew prior to our departure that the itinerary would be changing and notified no one; we were not given a choice to board or not, even though the decision to sail to ports headed north, rather than south, had been made prior to our departure. I never would have selected a cruise sailing to ports in California and if given the choice, I would not have boarded. Choosing to make the best of the situation took some time to get adjusted to for all of us. As a family we had to make decisions of our own on how to change the course of our attitudes. So, now on to the positives...we DID have a very nice week as a family spending time together, eating, being entertained, and being pampered. The Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle was coordinated well in the District Brew House with samples, appetizers, and many ship officers and crew members. The service we received was excellent everywhere, especially in the restaurants. The food was delicious across the board, the production shows were good, and the ship is gorgeous! Our balcony cabin on deck 13, port side, aft, was quiet, beautiful, and a good location. We had fun on the go-carts, playing laser tag, using the slides and pool, at the parties, at the daily activities and using the beautiful observation lounge to relax. The ship itself is truly impressive and it's easy to have a great time! We had a very nice week on the ship - I just wish I felt like I traveled somewhere.

sbwmail's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 13280

Although the cabin in fairly aft, it is a good location for the activities and restaurants near the rear of the ship and close to elevators. It is also a very quiet location and I would choose this cabin again.

Being Diverted from Puerto Vallarta to San Francisco is not fun for Californian's usually!

View All undefined undefined Reviews