3. Oasis of the Seas
I have been a fan of this website for years, and have found the cruise member reviews very helpful in deciding what cruise line/ship to book. My husband and I are avid cruisers, and we just got off the Oasis. The ship is just awesome. It's very easy to navigate and we never really felt crowded. We had an interior room on deck 11 at the very front of the ship. We found the room to be very spacious and the closet fit all of the extra clothes I always bring along. We had some pretty rough weather the first night which made my husband sea sick. I was surprised at how much movement we felt that night, but the weather quickly turned better the farther we got from Flordia! After that, you easily forgot that you were on a ship at sea. We really went on this ship for the ship itself and not the ports of call. We have been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and the Bahamas before. The ship delivered and then some. The food was excellent. Last year we sailed on the Freedom of the Seas and found the food so bland that we couldn't eat in the main dining room and had to visit the specialty restaurants. That was not the case on the Oasis. We were very pleased with the food in the main dining room and the only specialty restaurant we went to was Johnny Rockets for lunch. It was great to have so many places to choose from to eat that were free! There's Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, the dining rooms, the Windjammer, Park Cafe, and the Solarium Bistro during the day. The entertainment is the best at sea. Hairsray was the best - even better then when I saw it on Broadway. There are so many things to do, you really have to pick and choose. If you can't find something to do on this ship, then there's something wrong with you! The service was great as well. The only negatives for us have nothing to do with the ship, but rather with the people that we sailed with. There were something like 2,500 Brazilians, 1,500 Asians and the rest were from Long Island, New York. Never have I felt like such a minority as most of our fellow cruisers did not speak english. The Asians were very polite and fun. The Brazilians left much to be desired. They were very rude. They pushed and shoved in the elevators. Every time my husband and I were eating in Sorrentos, we saw them drop the cheese/pepper shakers on the floor breaking it. Accidents happen, of course, but they would get up and leave the cheese and broken glass on the floor without telling anyone about it. The poor young man who works there was very upset with them and he was from Brazil himself!!! My husband and I love to dance and looked forward to dancing in Boleros nightly. We were disappointed to find that the Brazilians took Boleros over as well. Every night, rather than being treated to the smooth stylings of Sol y Arena (They are just fantastic) we heard from Paolo from Brazil who treated Boleros as his personal Karoke Bar. He would get up, take over the microphone and sing the Brazilian anthem and whatever else he felt like - he was also not a good singer at all. It was very disappointing to us, and the lead singers there looked as frusterated as we felt. At the headliner show, the poor guy (I think his name is Dominic Allen) was giving it all he had on stage. He's very talented and can play many instruments. I have never seen so many get up and leave during the middle of a show. The Brazilians were so rude - many started talking loudly during his show and they even started to boo him loudly. I really felt for this guy. We went to the beach in St. Thomas and were stuck in a cab with the biggest bunch of complainers I have ever met. They were from Long Island, New York. When we first got in the cab they were already complaining about the bad service, food and entertainment on their ship. Thinking they were on the Costa docked next to us I asked them what ship they were on. When they said the Oasis I almost fell out of my seat!! From the moment we left the ship to the time we arrived at Meghan's Bay, all they did was complain about their vacation. "To many people, it's over priced, not enough to do, the food is horrible, the service is horrible, the room is horrible..." Then when they found out via cell phone how crowded Meghan's Bay beach was, they were going to make the taxi driver turn around (we were stuck in traffic en route) and go to Sapphire Beach instead - with no regard to my self or my husband who wanted to see Meghan's Bay. We have never been there before on stops to St. Thomas but had heard it was beautiful. Never in all our cruising have I been so disappointed in people!!! My husband and I are very outgoing and look forward to meeting people and making new friends on cruises, but that did not happen this time. Our cruise would have been outstanding had it not been for the people we were stuck sailing with. It left us with the feeling of, "get me out of here and off this ship!!!" We came home and told family that this ship is truly an experience, but that we had sailed with a bunch of barbarians.

Loved the Oasis - could not stand the people we sailed with!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by s15705

s15705’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

nice interior room, but to forward as we felt the moving every night. You could really feel the ship hitting every wave, but quiet except for the little monsters running up and down the hall every day
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans