Golden Princess Cruise Review

Golden Princess Cruise Review by TomA123

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I didn't pick this cruise; I was dragged into it. I suppose cruises are ok if you don't mind all the people and waiting for stuff. This ship is showing its age (chipped finishes, torn carpets, etc.). We had a balcony cabin; my RV has more space, including the kitchen. It was hard to figure out what to go do, as they didn't post the day's activities until the morning of; we missed a couple of things because they weren't posted (found out about them later from other folks). Went to a couple of "Production" shows; they were ok, but geared to really old folks (we're 70). All the crew is very polite, but really clueless as to what's going on outside of their area; we couldn't find anyone to tell us about the activities on board. Instructions for the shore excursions were very minimal - you better show up at the designated spot and get in line; very few details about the excursions themselves. I guess the best part was the food; very well done and presented, sit down service was excellent, although a little slow at times (I suppose that's the point). They did have a fitness center, but no trainers. The pools were closed most of the time, and cold when they were open.

This did it for me, I'm never going on a cruise again.

TomA123's Full Rating Summary