• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Solstice Review

Editor Rating
30 Awards

Bora Bora, my bucket list place.

Review for Celebrity Solstice to Transpacific
Newby58
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: Concierge Class 2

This is going to be long winded! So many times, I have read that this itinerary only comes around twice a year and therefore, fewer reviews. If I can help anyone decide to take this journey, my job will be done. I decided to sail from Honolulu instead of Sydney mainly to escape airline luggage restrictions and also to rest after my first visit to Hawaii. This trip was 18 months in planning with no stones unturned.

I really don’t know where to start. I’m always sceptical about people who have a gripe against a cruise line or hotel when something goes wrong that clouds their entire review (sometimes due to unrealistic expectations), or those, much like me, who can see no wrong. I’m a glass half full kind of person. I will try to give this review balance.

A little background. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and more importantly, to Bora Bora, my bucket list place. My youngest daughter aged 19 and I flew to Hawaii on Jetstar on September 24 from Sydney. We spent a marvellous week there before embarking the Solstice on Oct 1 for the cruise home via French Polynesia and New Zealand. What a month-long journey it was….

Concierge Class 2

Cabin C2

Great hump cabin on the pool deck starboard. We had easy access to the Oceanview Cafe via the stairs. Had shade most of the day with plenty of room for a table, two chairs and two foot stools. Plenty of storage space inside. Our suitcases fit under the beds with no problem. It was clean and comfortable. Had ice delivered every day and we actually enjoyed the afternoon canapés most of the time. Toiletries were high quality.

Port Reviews

Bora Bora

What can I say. It was by far the most wonderful day of this month long journey. I have really been to paradise.

Sydney (Australia)

We did express walk off with our luggage in Sydney, the best harbour in the world :-)

Find a Celebrity Solstice Cruise from $934