3. Norwegian Bliss
We have cruised NCL in the past and have always had a pleasurable experience. We were on the Pearl Christmas 2012 in the aft facing penthouse and on the Dawn during NYE 2013 and stayed in the two bedroom family suite. This year on The Bliss we booked early enough to stay in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse on deck 18. We sailed the week of october 20, 2018 and unfortunately were rerouted away from mexico due to hurricane Willa. We sailed to San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada. I live in Las Vegas and didnt bother getting off the ship in any of the ports. Id love a do over. The NCL Haven experience is lovely. There were only a few things i would change. I think the breakfast time in the Haven Restaurant should end later than 10 oclock in port and 1030 at sea. I think 11:00-11:30 would be much more reasonable. We sometimes felt rushed by the wait staff if we walked in at 9:45 in port or 10:15 at sea. It became annoying after a while and forced us down to the buffet which was fine but its certainly not the Haven. The dinner menu in the Haven Restaurant never changed but the food was amazing. It woukd be nice if they had even one more alternate menu just to change it up The courtyard penthouse was just ok. Not sure why they are still using carpeting on a brand new ship. The Haven bar was great! Drew and Glen are top shelf bartenders and it was obvious that they are extremely talented at their craft. I did wish that the Haven Bar stayed open later although I realize that these two guys can’t work 24 hours a day. Embarking and disembarking was great as it was in the past having booked the suites on the other NCL ships. The speciality restaurants were the same as the other ships with some additions. Here’s what we tried. Cagneys was as good as i remembered and certainly worth reserving. We actually ate there twice since we werent charged for the awful meal at Le Bistro (I've eaten there on the other two ships and didn't like it and still dont - skip it), and we had one more left in our 3 UDP. I found cagneys to be very very loud. Our first Waitress was scatterbrained, but our second one made up for it a few days later. La Cucina was good as expected. Overall, with the exception of Le Bistro the food all over thr ship was amazing. The crepes at Coco’s were insane as was the chocolate. I found the elevators on the ship to be extremely slow. I thought the casino games were great although i felt the casino was too spread out. Its located at the top of the steps on deck 7. Pay outs were great which was surprising for a cruise ship. Overall it was a great trip and i would definitely sail the Bliss again but only in the Haven.

NCL Bliss Haven Experience

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by marinalarocca

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

I found the elevators on the ship to be extremely slow.

marinalarocca’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5 18106
Small but clean and adequate. Drawers in closet under the safe didn't work. Balcony is tiny. Carpeting is kind of gross. Id think hard surface flooring would be much more hygenic. Our room steward was Randolf Infante and he was an angel.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins