3. Majestic Princess
First, readers should know that if the itinerary of the Majestic suits your desire, I would not let my negatives dissuade you from booking this ship. This particular cruise covers a good part of Australia and most of New Zealand. Embarkation in Sydney was fairly smooth with the exception of one of our suitcases arriving at our cabin soaked with water pretty much through and through. Everything was wet and we had not even left the dock! The cabin steward and staff were exceptionally helpful though, and they agreed to wash, dry, and hang everything in the suitcase and return it to us within a few hours. They kept their promise and, of course, there was no charge. Our balcony cabin was quite comfortable with more then enough room for all our belongings. The bathroom was about as small as I have seen on a ship. Not an inch more then absolutely required. We ate virtually all of our meals in the dinning room where we found excellent service and a good choices at every meal. The food was beautifully presented and, and always adequate. Steaks were my last choice as they were the least appealing. Fish and pasta wishes were much better. This voyage had 5 sea days including 3 back to back sea days. While others may find the on board activities to their liking, I am not a fan of art auctions, karaoke,gambling,shopping or zumba. There were a few lectures about culture and sightseeing but really not enough for my taste. My main complaint is the.that the ship seemed unable to handle the 3500 or more guests she can accommodate. There were two shows each evening in the Princess Theater and guests would need to arrive as much as 45 minutes early to be sure of a seat. The entertainment staff found this amusing and suggested we "camp out" in front of the door to insure ourselves a seat. Cute, but not really funny. However, if you don't care about the shows or like to stay up a bit later and catch the late show, this will not be bothersome. The shows themselves were lavishly produced and the local talents were enjoyable enough. Princess says that saving chairs on deck is not permitted,however, its unlikely any crew member would enforce this and as far as I am concerned, they should have a contest for the most creative deck-chair saving method. I was quite impressed with the one shoe method. The Majestic Princess is a large ship- about 144,000 MT. She seemed designed to insulate passengers from the sea. From the window-less theater through the main deck 7 with heavy curtains or the dinning rooms with small windows, passengers rarely see the sea. Some readers might enjoy this as you can easily forget you are moving at 17 or more knots and will be delighted to see a new port when you open your windows in the morning. This observation is strictly personal. Finally, disembarkation, with so many passengers was a bit hectic but we were off the ship and our way in a bout 90 minutes after we left our cabin.

Could be 4 or 5 stars if not so crowded

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by LDEE

LDEE’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD D524
Comfortable,lots of storage. Too small for even a 3/4 size couch so just one chair to sit in. Otherwise you are on the bed. The bathroom was adequate but very small, and, unlike other, new ships, Princess is still using shower curtains inside of glass doors.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins