3. Silver Muse
We were interested in visiting the ancient ruins in Athens, Petra, and Luxor. The Silversea pre and post cruise Hotels were were excellent. We enjoyed the Muse. There were things we really liked and a couple of things that need attention.We liked the room design. We did not like the black oily soot that came out of the smokestacks and covered the deck and furniture on the back outdoor seating. Soiled lots of cloths before we discovered it. I thought it strange that when my wife and I arrived to eat at the Indochine restaurant I was asked to go get a jacket before I could enter, I went back to room and returned to enter when I noticed eight men in the restaurant who hung their jackets on the chair and were wearing bluejeans and sneakers. Jason told me I only need the jacket to enter but then I could remove it. Quite a poor policy and not consistently applied.

Athens to Muscat on the Muse.

Silver Muse Cruise Review by brothersjj

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Verandah Suite
brothersjj’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin DV 846
need a chair with ottoman suitable for reading. Need a plug outlet on BOTH sides of the bed for cell phones. A/C did not quite keep up and the room was often a bit warm.
Deck 8 Suite Cabins

• Petra Walking Tour
    The lunch was hectic as all guests (over a hundred) all arrived to eat a buffet at once and we only had a short time. Lots of walking just to see the Treasury and nothing else. Not enough time.
    View All 75 Petra Walking Tour Reviews
  • Safaga
    A lot of tour stops packed into not enough time over two days. The Sonesta hotel may have been nice in its day but is in serious need of maintenance. Elevators were very slow and some did not work at all. The A/C did not work well and the showers were confusing and not working well.
    View All 12,995 Safaga Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Safaga Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Guide was very good with excellent English. Very insightful and kept to the schedule. Advertised as 4 and a half hours but was 3 and a half.