3. Viking Buri
For my sister's 65th birthday, we decided to cruise southern France with Viking. She & her husband started with the pre-cruise stay in Nice (which they loved), and my cousin and I joined them on the ship at Avignon for the cruise to Lyon. I have been on several river and a couple of ocean cruises with Viking, so it was no surprise that the week was delightful. The staff catered to us & made us happy every day. The cruise director was personable & perky; it was always a joy to have her company. This was southern France, so I wasn't sure if the food could live up to expectations, but no problem pleasing us & reminding us that we were in France. The young chef did not disappoint. Good food, good cheese, good wine. Happiness. Three excursions exceeded my expectations: Flavors of Provence in Avignon, the included tour in Lyon with Christian, and the all day Lyon tour Truffles and Beaujolais. In Avignon, Maison de Fogasses with Chef Luigi Baptiste was the best of the best! I think he enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed him & his lunch! Christian took us into "secret" passageways & shared his Lyon. And the truffle dog Chinook was as delightful as the truffle inspired dishes served to us on the truffle farm! No disappointment on this trip; the only problem is that I want to repeat the experience.

Cheese, wine, happy folks!

Viking Buri Cruise Review by bifocalpear

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior
bifocalpear’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Buri price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 307
Clean, plenty of storage, comfortable (albeit the bed is quite firm), invisible attention by our steward, great job!
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins