3. Nieuw Amsterdam
Waited over 3 hours to get on ship because of US customs. Waited 45 mins to get off ship at first port of call and everyone was late for their trips. Queued to get back on ship. This was our first cruise and probably our last. Trip to travel on river from Haines was rubbish , mainly because tide was out!!! The trip said , River teaming with salmon so we could see bears, eagles wolves etc , can salmon swim up mud.. no they cannot, so no salmon, no other wildlife. We went on two other trips neither of which was memorable. The balcony cabin we had was great, staff were great. The entertainment was not to our taste but we did enjoy the jazz group, staff again were great. It was dufficult to find a seat for breakfast on several,occasions, very pushy to buy a la carte extras in the Fine Dining section and lastly DO NOT PURCHASE SOPHIE FfIORE jewellery on board. I did complain but my emails did not get a reply for 5 weeks, that was bad..... Sophie Fiori however, was a joke, purchased something in the sale , had it valued when I got back and it was not worth half what I paid. It is buy and no return so be careful.

Not for us, very disappointing

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by Linno

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Linno’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VC 5125
Cabin was excellent and cabin staff great.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins