3. Navigator of the Seas
See belowThis truly was a disaster. My wife's 50th birthday treat, a weeks cruise. My wife was either angry or in tears for the week. Everything was going well until the first day proper when going to use the bathroom it was flooded. Not convenient when needing the toilet. Let that one slide after staff came round rodded the pipes and staff cleaned and sterilized. 2 days later went for breakfast. Asked a member of staff for some toasted white bread. Curtly informed that "its over there" I then explained that there was non only brown and got the same reply and he walked off. So I wandered around the Windjammer restaurant until I found some was brought out The very next day I went to the cafe on the Royal Promenade. Many things were on offer Pizza Rolls that had been made up by the staff behind the counter. I asked if they could make me a cheese and tomato roll as I didn't like the ones they had made. You can guess the answer...No. They did offer to make a turkey roll. I don't like turkey. At dinner ate nothing while wife ate due to not liking fatty foods lamb etc. Should mention the day before had an excellent mushroom soup. Woke up the next morning at 0645hrs by noise of machinery outside my cabin door. On getting dresssed to find out what the hell was going on, I found a maintenance worker rodding the pipes again. My neighbour in the next cabin was outside his cabin door and informed me that he had gone to use the toilet and found it flooded. I went inside my cabin and found the same. Due to previous incidents my sense of humour was really being tested. Wife at this point broke down in tears and wanted to go home. I would have left the ship if my car hadn't been at Southampton. I enquired as to moving to another cabin but was assured that all other cabins were taken. Went to the windjammer restaurant for breakfast and spoke to asst manager and informed him of incidents. He said he would arrange to have a nice fillet stake available in the main restaurant for me the next evening as an apology. I thanked him. The next evening in the main restaurant was not offered the steak so again ate nothing. I have saved the best until last. The last day of the cruise (yesterday) My wife went to the toilet only to find that she could not flush. The reason being that there was no water in the toilet. I then had to fill the toilet with water from the tap in the bathroom using the kettle. Finally I was able to flush the faeces away. I reported the matter and the problem was fixed. Staff at the front desk rang up and as we had suffered we would be be given a 20% credit off our next cruise. I refused this, I was then offered a steak dinner, I refused this and was then as a last resort offered a bottle of wine. I nearly exploded. Last night i was woken by what I thought was water sloshing about. I got up out of bed to find not only had the bathroom flooded yet again but that it had spilled over the protective lip of the bathroom and was now soaking the carpet. I got dressed, the good lady was fuming and I was a touch more than angry, I stormed down to the front desk only to find my neighbour forcefully explaining that for the third time this week and by far the worst flooding had happend. This was at 0200hrs local. I had an early call booked for 0600hrs. Staff offered both of us other rooms and explained they were ones with a balcony. As that was going to make a difference to the cruise experience. My wife and I then packed and moved everything up one floor and to the other end of the ship. Best thing about this cruise was getting off the ship. The who thing was a complete disaster. I was assured by my booking agent that Royal Carribean were a first rate cruise line. I was badly misinformed. This was our first and will probably be the last cruise I will ever go on. Is there a decent cruise line out there I wonder. I doubt any compensation will be forthcoming as an apology. I certainly wouldn't accept any discount or pay for any cruise that Royal Carribean would offer unless it was gratis for ruining my wifes 50th birthday present. (I will inform if they offer this but don't hold your breath). As soon as I can I will post pictures and video on You tube. They may say I am lying but no matter I would tell them to have a look at the maintenance mans log and it will confirm.

APPALLING

Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 1V 7375
See Above

Interior cabin. no idea of category
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins