Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Lindsaylalla

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony

I chose this cruiseline because I’ve always been loyal to them & enjoyed their fairly affordable prices. I’ve done the Mexican Riviera itinerary before & it was really fun, so I wanted to go again on their newer ship. The ship is nice, but it does not compare to the Epic, which is still NCL’s best ship.

We decided to upgrade this vacation to a Spa suite. The bathrooms in the spa suites almost make it worth it. However, you are on deck 15, and I don’t know what they are doing on deck 16, but it sounded like they were sliding chairs around all night, every night. So maybe avoid deck 15. You do get access to the Manadara Spa, which is nice. The bed is like sleeping on plywood though. It looks comfortable but it’s very hard.

They ended up changing our itinerary because of a Category 5 hurricane, so we didn’t go to Mexico until Ensenada on the last day. We rerouted to San Francisco & San Diego. I’m from California and love both of these cities, however, it was a bummer to pay $4,000 just to go back home. I’m not sure how else they could have rerouted us though. Holland America had the same issue, but we heard through the grapevine that each of their passengers received a future cruise credit. NCL did not offer that. Because of the short notice change, there were only a handful of shore excursions altogether (10?) and they were definitely last minute put-togethers (who pays $50 for a hop on/hop off city bus tour??). I feel NCL protected the safety of its people which was great, but they could have offered something to their loyal customers.

NCL’s gameshows are getting tiring, they are the same on every ship. The comedy club is a nice addition to their newest mega ships, big book early. It was sold out for the whole week on the first day. Also, book dining early if you have a dining package. Unless you don’t care about eating at 5pm or 9pm every day.

The crew for the most part was good, although not as friendly as normal. They were all very happy about the rerouting though, a lot of them wanted to go to Ross.

Lindsaylalla's Full Rating Summary

Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M9 15180

Please see above. The cabin has a great bathroom, hard bed, and limited closet space. Also no drawers to put clothes in, but there are shelves in the closet.

Lindsaylalla