3. Norwegian Bliss
We chose this ship because we live in the area and there aren't too much cruises outside of the Ensenada booze cruise. We learned of this brand new ship on the Mexican Riviera and have had good experiences with Norwegian in the past so we booked this months before. We stayed in the Haven Aft-Facing Balcony Penthouse room. It had a living room and bedroom with 2 bathrooms. My mom and her husband stayed in a balcony stateroom that I never visited but she said it was fine. Between the 2 rooms we had 4 kids, 3 12 year olds and 1 3 year old. The kids slept in between rooms but most nights in our Haven room we had my 3 year old and 2 of the 12 year olds who slept on the fold out bed. It was enough space for us since cruise rooms are typically tight. The balcony of this room is amazing. It's huge and the view can't be beat. Every port we sailed out of, we would hang out on the balcony as we sailed off. In the mornings when we would dock, I watched the boat get tied up. We had access to the Haven lounge which was on the other side of the boat so we didn't go often but it was nice. Everyone was nice in there. We're in our 30's, seemed most of the people were older. It was quiet in there but good place to relax if you want one. It was nice to be able to board early and get off first using the Haven but outside of that, it wasn't a huge thing. We had a butler named Charlie who was assigned to us. We didn't use him too much but he was nice enough. We didn't have a room service button, we just called Charlie. I don't know if the value we paid to add to the Haven outside of the bigger room was worth it. The kids club onboard is AMAZING. My 3 year old wanted to be there any time she could. She is still talking about it days later. They re do the room and theme every morning and afternoon. The staff is very nice and I can't say enough about how great it was. We didn't find a ton of stuff to do at night. It seemed like the average age onboard was older than us. The night parties were older people which is much different than the Ensenada cruise. We ended up at the Local most night watching whatever was happening below which wasn't usually too entertaining but it was nice to enjoy the free kids club and get some adult time. The casino was OK. Most of the machines sucked $20's in quickly. It is spaced out kinda weird where there aren't groups of machines, they have a lot of them in the walkway. The drinks at the casino bar are stronger than anywhere else. We drank a lot on the boat and never felt drunk. I assume they water down the drinks because most people have the drink package and they don't want everyone wasted. I did not see one person acting up the entire cruise. The only specialty restaurant we visited was Q, the BBQ place. We didn't go until the last night of the cruise and by then we were over the dining room food and buffet. The food was very good. The buffet as all ships has a lot of the same stuff. The food was okay. We ate in the main dining room a few times and it was also OK. The rotisserie chicken they have every night was very good. I didn't do the race cars or laser tag but the kids did and they had a good time. I did the water slide that has the tube which was very fun. The one water slide that goes off the side of the boat that looks crazy, it seems like people weren't getting all the way through. It's supposed to have you fall down then shoot you up and people were getting stuck mid-slide. I did one of these slides on the Norwegian Getaway, once was enough for me. Overall, the ship is big and beautiful and a great time. I recommend it, especially if you have children.

Beautiful new ship