Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review

The Ship of Highs and Lows

Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review by BubbyK

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

We went on this Greek cruise with 2 other couples. One couple was happy with Azmara Persuit; my husband and I as well as the remaining couple were disappointed. I know this ship was recently refurbished and the first voyage since that refurbishment was in August. My review is my effort to give them constructive criticism. The cruise line identifies their product as a luxury brand.... not so I say.

The cabins were quite small and overfurnished; there was a large table that we needed to navigate to get to the balcony. There also was a huge chair to circumnavigate.

With the exception of the onboard steak house and Italian restaurant that cost an additional amount, the food was plentiful but of average quality.

The crew and support staff were very friendly and nice.However, there was a definite communication gap because many did not have a grasp of English. My husband asked for more towels; we got a knock on the cabin door because the steward could not understand what he was asking for .....he had to physically show the steward a towel. The staff in the dining room could not tell us how certain foods were made. The DJ had a very limited knowledge of English and yet he was the host of a trivia game that was in English.

The true nightmare was the laundry room situation.......one laundry room for 600 guests on an 11 day cruise!!!!!!! There were lines daily to use the machines...... why weren't there laundries on other floors??????????? At times, many of the machines were in disrepair.

Lastly, the last 2 ports were disappointing. We docked at Zakynthos and Igoumenitsa... the last ports in Greece. Zakynthos was a bit better than Igoumenitsa. Igoumenitsa looks like Newark, New Jersey!And to make matters worse, this is where we were docked on a Sunday with not much open in the town. Corsica is a port a few hours away from Igoumenitsa....... why couldn't this ship have docked there....a place with so much history to explore?????????

I want to end on a positive note: We were invited by Azamara to a cello concert in Dubrovnik....... it was FABULOUS!

BubbyK's Full Rating Summary