3. Ovation of the Seas
This was only our 2nd cruise with Royal Caribbean and some of the online reviews of their Asia cruises had me worried. I need not have worried as it was generally a great cruise. Food/restaurants were excellent as usual. You would need to be hard to please to not find something to your food tastes. Facilities were also great - we enjoyed the North Star, rock wall, whirlpools etc. Shows were very good. The mix of passengers was good - mostly German, British, Australian, New Zealanders, American and a few from various parts of Asia. I only have a couple of negatives - boarding was a very slow process (much slower than our previous Mediterranean cruise with this company). My other concern was our bed - mattress was extremely hard and pillows uncomfortable - one very thin and one bigger but both hard and unsupportive. I was surprised, to say the least, that bedding on a cruise ship of this class was not better. I did raise my concerns as the hard mattress was giving me neck problems. Our steward put some doonas on top of the mattress which helped a bit, but this problem really needs addressing.

ENJOYABLE CRUISE THROUGH SE ASIA

KittyKitoba’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 8D 9128
Cabin was quite spacious with plenty of storage room. Balcony was nice when the weather was good. Liked the fact that there was an electric jug to make tea, but coffee should also be provided. Bed and pillows extremely hard and unsupportive.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins