• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Grande Mariner Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Small ship, small ports, great people, wonderful places.

Review for Grande Mariner to the Western Caribbean
Berryglauz
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin:
Dock at Laughing Bird Caye.
Climbing Mayan ruins at Quiragua.

I had sailed with Blount before on one of their Erie Canal trips. I loved the smaller ship and the terrific crew. Several of the passengers told me about their experiences during their Caribbean cruise on Blount, and I booked the trip when I got home.

Flying into Belize City was very easy. Staff was there to greet us and help us to our shuttles. The usual tourist port had been damaged by a hurricane a couple of months before, so we were out on the edge of the commercial ships. Normally we would have been close to shopping and exploring on our own. The staff arranged a shuttle to take us from our remote location to points of interest.

Lux Hunter, the naturalist, along with two guides, Victoria and Capi, made sure we had opportunities to see a variety of marine life, birds, and animals. I never felt rushed. When any of us lagged behind, they would reassure us that we had time. They explained activities, like a cleaning station with a parrot fish being serviced that I would have completely missed.

2 Helpful Votes