3. Majesty of the Seas
This was my 5th cruise, 2nd RC cruise, and 1st time on the Majesty of the seas. A lot of the other reviews really make the ship and crew not seem so good, but my personal experience was fine. Check-in: Yes, you have to stand in the normal line that you always stand in when you get on any cruise. Only about 10mins. We had an extra step to take since we went to Cuba on this cruise, but the guy who checked us in (Steve) was very knowledgeable and helpful. Even gave us some tips for the Cuba stop (bring your own toilet paper...seriously). After that, we snapped 2 pics in front of the backdrops and we were on the ship! We got on the ship around noon. The rooms were available to go into at 130pm. The Ship: Not as grand as other ships when you first get on, but I have never been on one of the big magical ships. There was a great band that played amazing latin music in the main lobby area, and it was a nice start. My friend and I spent our time touring the ship just to get a feel of the layout. We passed by the spa/gym area, where the masseuses were waiting to give you a free sample of the services they provided. That was much needed after our flight from DC. Hot stone, bamboo and a general massage was provided (only about 10 mins) and they gave us all of the materials in case we wanted to book something. We then went up to the upper decks. Unfortunately, this ship does not have a solarium, like other ships, so there was 4 hot tubs, and 2 pool areas that were shared by children and adults. Great pool bars. The boleros bar was our go-to bar during our time on the ship. Douglas and Andee were phenomenal bartenders (get a frozen mojito...amazing.) Schooners was more for the older crowd (45+), in my opinion. Great gym, nice walking trail on the 7th deck. The Food: First, Sorrento's pizza.....BEST PIZZA IVE HAD ON ANY SHIP!! Always hot and tasty. I'm from NJ/NY, so I know good pizza, and this was pretty good. Asked for a whole pizza to take to our room, and they provided one without any questions. The Windjammer was what we had for dinner the first 3 nights. They provided a nice variety of food. The carving stations had great selections each of those nights. Cruise food is cruise food, so don't get super high hopes of 5 star food. Its not super amazing, but its tasty food. The Deli is a great place to bring your windjammer food, for a quiet area to dine. They also have some tasty food up there too! The smoked potato soup was pretty yummy, ate that a few times the day it was served. We ate in the dining room once (skipped the fancy night), and it was the same as any other cruise I have been on. Good service, nice servers, food was tasty (again, not amazing). Keep in mind, you can order as much off of the menu as you want. You are not restricted to 1 app, 1 entrée and 1 dessert. We actually both ate dessert there, and got one to go for the room. The Cabin: We stayed in Room 4003. Front of the ship, interior cabin. The room has PLENTY of space for 2 people. The beds were split and there was a built-in nightstand between them. There was also a vanity with a stool in the room. The bathroom was a cruise ship bathroom. Nothing fabulous about it. Unless you are in a suite, please don't have super high expectations. The rooms are like 150sqft. I am an average height, 170lbs, and was able to get around the cabin and bathroom comfortably. The Entertainment: We didn't do too much of the ships entertainment. Relaxed up on the pool deck a lot and watched the movies and sipped on cocktails. We did catch the love and marriage show, which is ALWAYS a good time. We participated in some of the trivia shows in the boleros lounge, which was also a good time. I was one of the winners of the Michael Jackson trivia games, and the prize was an RC highlighter, but it was about the fun, not the prize. The dance clubs opened way too late for us to make it any of the nights. That seems to be consistent across all of the ships. The Ports: The first port was Key West. Pulled up right to the dock, and was able to walk right into town. We purchased the pub crawl excursion, and went on our merry way. Key west was a fun time. You could easily have fun there without buying an excursion. There are bike and moped rentals everywhere, and bars and food places everywhere. The 2nd stop was Havana. ADVICE: Go to the Cuba information session the day before you get there. There is soooooo much valuable info that they give there, and its worth the time. The day you get there, and if you have an excursion, you will have to go to the big show room, and get a sticker to put on, to coordinate with your excursion group (if you got an RC excursion). That process takes a little bit of time because the visa process is involved. They call you group by group to get off the ship and to go through customs. Took about 30-40mins to get off the boat, go through customs and get to the excursion guide person. ADVICE: GET CUCs (Cuban Cash). They strongly encourage this during the Cuba info session as well. A lot of the places DO NOT take US cash or credit. And if they do take cash, they add a high percentage to it because they have to exchange it. MORE ADVICE: Whatever you do get in CUCs, try to use all of it! They charge 13% to exchange your CUCs back to US dollars. We purchased the Aromas Cigar tour. They took us on a bus to a cigar factory, then to a restaurant where we paired cigars and coffee and rum together. Then we went to a large flea market of sorts, where we were able to buy gifts/souveneirs. I am a big negotiator, and was able to do that there with no problems. Cuba is not as amazing as the pictures make it seem (in my opinion). We were also there right before Hurricane Mike hit, which may have had some affect on the day. It was wet and rainy at times. I would go back, but just to a different port. There were no beach-like excursions. MY ADVICE: If you are able to drink 5 cocktails/beers/wine in one day, GET THE DRINK PACKAGE!!! It may seem pricey, but its sooo worth it. All the alcoholic beverages, sodas, STARBUCKS (yes, for real), bottled water, sparkling water is included. All in all, the ship is slightly older, but the way other reviews are describing the ship is not accurate. If you are a cruiser, expect the normal cruise accommodations. This trip in particular was super rocky because of the hurricane. The Captain was able to re-route us to put us behind the storm so that we would be on more calm waters, which I commend him for doing for us. Being in the front of the boat meant that we felt it more, but I took is as getting rocked to sleep lol. Hope this helps alleviate any decisions about taking a trip on this ship.

Hurricane Mike didn't ruin it for me!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by knels86

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Hope this helps alleviate any decisions about taking a trip on this ship.
knels86’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 4003
The cabin had PLENTY of space for 2 people (2 women in their 30s in my particular case) Nothing fabulous about it, but then again, you're only in the room to sleep and shower.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins