3. Insignia
We chose this cruise for its itinerary and to cruise again with Oceania. I've been on 24 cruises (ocean and river). Oceania to the Med was one of the best, and this one (Montreal to New York) was the only bad one. The buffet area was seriously understaffed. We were ignored at tea one day and then insulted by the maitre d when we asked (very politely and quietly) to be served. But the consistent problem was that bad weather meant no one could use any outdoor spaces and caused us to miss two ports. That mattered only because Oceania made NO provision for all the resulting crowding in all indoor areas and provided almost NOTHING extra for the two unexpected sea days (except for showing a movie that was already showing in the cabins and repetition of two craft activities). The food was good but not great. Two chefs did the best cooking demo I've seen on a cruise. We ate one nIght in the Italian specialty restaurant. It was excellent. We didn't try the other specialty restaurant. I've never before missed the evening show, but we skipped all the evening entertainment because it was only offered at 9:30 p.m. There was nothing we were interested in to do between dinner and then. Our cabin steward Min was the best I've had, but I suggest that you seriously reconsider sailing on the Insignia.

Was this their first rodeo?

Insignia Cruise Review by neller

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: USA
  • Cabin Type: Inside

neller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Inside
Cabin F
Interior cabin was small but adequate for the two of us. We had more than enough storage area.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins