3. Viking Tor
We just got back from the Romantic Danube Cruise that turned into a partial bus tour. We were supposed to sail on the Var, but instead we went on the Tor, Wilhelm and another ship I can't remember. That's right...three different ships, two days of four hour bus trips, and sailed through the Wachau Valley at night. The first two days went fine from Nuremberg to Regensberg. After that, it was grueling. Many of the optional tours were canceled, and our time was very limited in Vienna and Budapest. The last night was on a ship in Budapest with service practically non-existent. The scheduled entertainer wasn't even there. The cruise should have been canceled, rather than subjecting us to packing and unpacking, climbing on and off buses, and having to get up at the crack of dawn to be ready to go. I felt sorry for some of those people who had a hard time getting around. The last day, we helped a man get down a steep ramp to the ship, as there were no crew members around to assist. The offer of 25% off on another cruise is an insult, as I doubt very much that I'd go on another Viking cruise. The trip was not at all what they advertise and we and many others were extremely disappointed.

Expensive Bus Tour

Viking Tor Cruise Review by xamaliadx

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Thank you, xamaliadx, for taking the time to share your recent Viking experience with the cruising community. We recognize that you are one of the many affected by the itinerary changes implemented in response to the historically low waters that plagued Europe this year. Though Viking makes every effort to preserve the original program, we understand that the resulting deviations may fall below some guests’ expectations. All journey adjustments are made with our passengers’ best interests in mind, and accordingly we are committed to collecting and understanding all resulting feedback so that we may grow and enhance our product for more enjoyable future experiences. Your constructive comments have been recorded for review by our Executive Team, however should you like to share more we would be happy to continue the discussion at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
xamaliadx’s Full Rating Summary