• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Carol Schoewe
6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin:

Overall, the trip was fine, but I truly object to the mandatory daily "service charge" that supposedly pays gratuities to the people behind the scenes. I did some investigating and found out that the benefit they derive from that is PATHETIC and not nearly enough to tip and compensate the people that we interacted with on a daily basis. Furthermore, I have never been on a ship that had so many restaurants, activities and entertainment that cost extra money. The acoustics on the ship were terrible. The NOISE in the diningrooms and public areas was deafening, and the theater mic was entirely too loud. The ship was clean and the room stewards and waiters I encountered were wonderful, however it is abundently clear that NCL is focused on separating cruisers from more of their money. I would have put this comment on the email I received requesting a review, however after wasting my time filling out the first page ID section several times, was never able to access the page for the narrative.

Find a Norwegian Breakaway Cruise from $399