3. Pride of America
This is the fourth cruise line I have cruised with and is the cruise line I would rate the lowest. The other cruise lines I have traveled with utilize a different philosophy regarding customer service. Our cabin stewardess was great, but could only clean the room if we used an outside dial to indicate this. There was no number to call the stewardess that we could find until we turned on the tv for debarkation instructions - we aren't big tv watchers on cruises so we didn't look for it on screen there and didn't see it the first day. While cruise rooms are always small, this was the smallest I have been in (we had a balcony room). Day 1 we needed extension cords for cpap machines, other cruise ships the room steward will help you with this or there is a pre-notification form and all items including distilled water is already available for you in the room. On this cruise ship they will invite you to stand in line and wait for it. Have a question about an excursion (not buying it, just a question on the restrictions), you can't call, but you can feel free to stand in line to get an answer. Dining is done differently there is a main dining room, a buffet, and several restaurants. The restaurants as they are on most cruise ships. The buffet is similar to other cruise ships although it seems closed more. The main dining is free seating so you don't have an assigned time or table. I did not like this as much. In the past I feel like you build a relationship with your dining team, they get to know you and there is an element of camaraderie that was missing from this trip. It really seemed as though they were training the dining team. We never got through a meal without mis-orders being delivered. One night every item to one of the people at our table was mis-delivered. When we addressed it with the waiter he explained how difficult his job was that night. We had to ask multiple times for someone to take our drink order sometimes have dinner (not appetizers) delivered before our drink order was taken. There was no formal night and no big seafood night either. Overall the experience anytime we had a question for any staff member was to invite you to go stand in line somewhere else on the boat for that information. Debarkation slips are not delivered to your room, you need to know to go down and pick them up. We choose this cruise because of the ports of calls around Hawaii, but given a choice in the future between Norwegian and Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or Celebrity, we will choose the later.

A bad day of cruising is better than a good day at work

Pride of America Cruise Review by lvbashful

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Large Balcony

lvbashful’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Large Balcony
Cabin B6 9502
Cabin was smaller than other cruise ships. One way passing zone to move across the room.
Deck 12 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins