Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by ru1988

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Our cruise left out of Charleston and I was traveling with my daughter and two other friends. My daughter and I had a ocean view cabin #R188.

*If you are able to still cancel your booking, do so! This ship is extremely dated with rust and actual holes showing. There is a terrible sewage smell continuously and not all the elevators work and the ones that do, are questionable. I am so happy I physically could take the stairs. There are No Refrigerators in cabins and there is only one outlet. No power strips are allowed, they took my friends out of her suitcase. We arrived onto the ship at 1:30pm and went to our cabin. We found towels from the previous guest in the closet and the counters and drawers had not been cleaned. Our room steward came and cleaned right away.

*In the dining room one evening we were told no substitutes are allowed. My friend asked for rice instead of potatoes and she was told no, the meals are already made. That came from the waiter, Clifford. I have cruised on over 7 cruise lines including Carnival and have never been told I can not change or add to my order.

*The private Island was lovely, the best part of the trip.

*Entertainment was good. Comedians were ok. The piano bar is really not a bar. We sat for 30 minutes and no waiters came to take our order.

ru1988's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6A R188

Extremely dated and rust holes

ru1988