3. Carnival Dream
We went on this cruise to join other family. Right from the start we noticed that the drinking water had a bad door and taste. I spoke to the staff and Guest Services and the response was not to drink the tap water but buy bottled water. This is the first time I have ever exoperienced this issue ona cruise ship. We are Paltinium members on two other cruise lines and will NEVER travel on the Dream or another Carnival ship again. The dining room water was no better and I had to leave to go get the bottle water from my room. Again a first. There was not even a table cloth on the main dining room tables? The attitude of the wait staff and Guste Services is that the water has been tested and is okay but they could not explain the bad smell and taste. The remedy was that they will gladly sell us bottle water at $3.75 a bottle though! By day two of the cruise we notices that hat the room began to smell badly and discovered the ventilation system was bringing in hazardous exhaust fumes from the ship.

Bad Drinking Water and exhaust fumes in our staterooms

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by John2541

John2541’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 9403
The room decor was dated and in need of remodeling.

The hazardous exhaust gases that filled our rooms increased as the days went by until on day five we had to be moved to another cabin to escape the fumes.

The staff initially lied to us about the cause of the ventilation odors. We then discovered we were located in the part of the ship that was flooded in May 2018 with a water line break which they reported as a sprinkler system break but I suspect was a sewer line break and another possible cause for the strong doors.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins