3. Columbus
We chose this cruise mainly because of its destination, Norwegian Fjords. Embarkation was absolutely brilliant, so well organised, as was disembarkation. The onboard Staff were brilliant, helpful and friendly. The ship itself was a little dated and was in need of some TLC. Although I read in the brochure that it had been refurbished last year, well I think they some parts!!! The entertainment was awful. The night club was really only for the German passengers and it was every night, surely they could have put something different every night or every two nights so everybody would benefit. The Broadway show was horrific I think we lasted 10 minutes. The comedian was good and performed twice. All the rest of the entertainment was very boring and I wouldn't rate it at all. When we reached Amsterdam we had booked with Cruise Excursions online as I wasn't aware that you could book on the ship. When we disembarked I asked the Cruise and Maritime official where to go to get on the hop on and off the bus. His reply was "you didn't book it with us, so I can't help you!! Really? Otherwise we had a pleasant trip.

Budget Cruise

Columbus Cruise Review by gaymay

We chose this cruise mainly because of its destination, Norwegian Fjords.

Embarkation was absolutely brilliant, so well organised, as was disembarkation.

The onboard Staff were brilliant, helpful and friendly.

Otherwise we had a pleasant trip.
gaymay’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

Cabin 9174 & 6109
Originally we were in Cabin 9174 but after 4 days a leak appeared in the cabin next door and they didn't have electricity, so we being next door was told that we couldn't use the shower as a safety precaution. They gave us a cabin 6109 for the night and said we could return the next day as it would be sorted. The next day it wasn't sorted so we eventually stayed in 6109 for the rest of the cruise. They did give us a voucher to eat at the grill due to us being downgraded. The cabins we pretty average and could have done with a bit of paintwork as with the bathroom.