3. Carnival Miracle
This was our 3rd cruise (2nd with Carnival). We have done Alaska and Eastern Caribbean so we wanted to do the Western Caribbean. Neither of our kids had been on a cruise so we were taking them, 2 of their friends, and my in-laws over fall break. The cruise itself had many areas where it excelled and many that were absolutely horrible! First, the size of the ship. It seemed to be rather small than other ships we have been on. It allowed you to see the same people all the time and really get to know the other cruisers. We had a lot of fun with our fellow passengers and made some friends. Downfall to the size was we definitely felt the boat rocking!!! We do not get sea sick thankfully but I know a lot of the other passengers did. Food was horrible! I really didn’t enjoy the food on our last carnival cruise either but this time it was downright disgusting. Even the other restaurants where the food cost extra was not that great. The pizza place and cereal was pretty much the only thing we would eat. Every morning the eggs were soupy! At Dinner the lasagna was made with a meat like paste. Tried to stay safe with salad and the dressings had a fishy taste to them. I am definitely not a picky eater by any means! We got off the ship and immediately went to McDonalds cause we were starving. The service was AMAZING! Our dinner servers were the best! They had a plastic cup of chocolate milk waiting for my 3 year old every night. They would even get her things not on the kids menu if she asked for them. They put on a singing and dancing show every night which the kids loved! Our room steward was AMAZING!!! He always remembered our names. When he would make our daughter’s bed he would tuck in her dolly that she slept with every night. Room was always sooooo clean and inviting to come back to after dinner. We had to use the self laundry room one day as one of the kids spilled a drink on their blankie. It was easy to use and fairly inexpensive. I ended up washing everything and now I don’t have to do laundry when I get home! The stops this time were very disappointing as well. The Eastern Caribbean was so beautiful it’s hard to compare to them but the Western side was downright scary! We went to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. Cozumel was great! Very clean and kid friendly. Lots of excursions available but plenty to do without excursions too. Locals were friendly and helpful. Found some great deals on jewelry there. Belize was the biggest disappointment! The water was so choppy all the excursions were cancelled. We had to dock about 15 minute boat ride from the shore. As soon as we got the shore you are hounded by locals trying to take you on excursions or sell you stuff. We would tell them no thank you and they kept following us and wouldn’t leave us alone. As I was standing with my teenage son we saw a shop owner grab a woman and her daughter by the arms and try to pull them into a shop. The daughter was crying and scared and they would not leave them alone! At one point we got turned around at a shop and came out an exit that put us behind a large fenced off area from the rest of the tourist area. Once we were behind that fence we knew it was unsafe and we were in danger. We had a leash on the back of our 3 year old’s back pack and the locals were trying to get us to let go of her. A man in an obviously fake police uniform was trying to separate me, my son, his 2 friends from my husband and daughter. He said we needed to go into an unmarked building for “security check point” but that my husband and daughter could stay outside and go through a fence. We ended up going into the building as they had guns. It was a room with no security at all and just 2 regular men. They told us to just exit out the back and when we did we were back on the right side of the fence. We put 2 and 2 together and realized they were just scoping us out to see if there was anything they could steal. We went back to the boat immediately following this. Total time on that stop was maybe an hour at most. When we got back to the ship we saw on our Carnival Hub App that there was a “safety warning” posted about Belize. This was not posted before we got off the ship that morning or in any of the reviews about their stops. We would have never got off the boat there if that were the case especially with young kids! When we got to Roatan the winds were so high they couldn’t port the ship at all so we kept moving on. It wasn’t until later that morning that we saw a safety warning come on the carnival hub app as well about Roatan. This would have been well after we were off the boat again if we had stopped. Other than that our cruise was fun!! There was plenty of activities (some that cost extra but mostly free). Camp Ocean for the little one was very trustworthy and my daughter seemed to want to go there more than swim or hang out with her parents. Gave us time to ourselves but also gave her something to do in doors and out of the sun when she needed a break.

Many perks and many downfalls

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by jennilynn03

jennilynn03’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 5217
Cabin space was great!!! Bed and linens were extremely comfortable. We had 4 in our cabin and the 2 kids slept on a sofa that turned into a twin bed and a pull down twin bunk bed. Both were very comfortable too! The only downfall was only 2 outlets in the whole room. With phones and iPads it was often that we couldn’t charge our devices at the same time.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins