MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by cammac1

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

We have been on over 50 cruises and this was the worst cruise and cruise line ever. The cruise was from Hamburg Germany to Genoa Italy with stops in Spain Gibraltar UK France and Italy. The only good thing was the itinerary. It started off with the most disorganized boarding I have ever seen. It took over 2 1/2 hours. And then I found out that my credit card wasn't even registered. When you board the ship there isn't any ship personnel to tell you where your cabin is. I asked my cabin steward for an extension cord for my cpap machine and he said I had to go to the reception and pay 15 euro, I went down there and there was at least 500 people in line, which by the way was a daily occurance. I wanted to get some euros for the casino and the reception said I couldn't put it on my cruise card. So I went there late at night and I asked for 300 euros on my credit card. After some confusion she submitted the card 3 times at 100 euros a time to see if I was good for it. I was afraid the credit card company was going to cancel my card thinking there was something fishy. The people at the reception were rude and very uninformed. Every day when you walk down the main deck on deck 5 6 or seven you are constantly being pushed for massages perfume etc. I thought I was at the old Levitz furniture store. A lot of people on board were extremely pushy at the buffet. They would reach over the top of you and jump the lines. I dont think some of them ever saw banana's before. They would put banana's out and they would take 6 or 7. The food was so bland at the dining room we went to the butcher cut. They asked me for a drink and I requested a martini. They said they didn't have any. They only had a small selection. They had to bring in a special waiter to go get me a martini. There were no formal nights. No lectures on popular topics. The main shows were bad. I requested a survey they never sent me one after I gave them my email. Overall I was very happy to get off the ship. From now on no mare MSC cruises. If its like that in Florida they wont succeed.

cammac1's Full Rating Summary