3. Celebrity Constellation
Chose this primarily because of the time in Israel and Greece. Celebrity have chosen to put an outside movie theatre at the rear of the ship on deck 12 (More of a "terrace than a deck really) which has a negative impact on all the rear- facing 11th floor cabins, especially 1140. Israel was not as good as I had hoped - the crowds are really bad - and we went when things were "quiet". By really bad I mean I have never been that close to anyone with my clothes still on before - and hope never to do so again. Really liked Haifa/Acre though. Pompeii (Naples) was the highlight of the trip for me. Many of the shore excursions seemed "rushed" - we only went on Celebrity excursions, and we were being constantly hassled to move without adequate time to look around or soak in the experience. Entertainment was the typical lackluster/tired experience one expects from Celebrity, the only exception being Jayne Curry who has a powerful voice and stage presence. The itinerary was great - so good we may do it again, but next time I would go on private excursions as did a lot of others on our cruise...

The cruise was great, ruined by the cabin and some of Celebrity's choices

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by prattusa2712

prattusa2712’s Full Rating Summary

Aqua Class Balcony
Cabin A1 1140
Never, EVER, book cabin 1140 !!!!

You might think "Hey this cabin has this HUGE, bigger than any other non suite class veranda facing directly rearward", and you'd be right! The problem is you'll never use it...

Here's what to look forward to if you do happen to get stuck with this "Premium" rear facing Aquaclass room - loud, as in "would you PLEASE turn that TV down dear" loud (maybe louder) Movie dialogue from the next outdoor movie screen directly above you will blast onto your lovely big veranda every day, from early to late late at night. Constantly. No breaks. If you like looking at beautiful scenery on a nice big veranda you'll be happy, but only if you don't mind F*** this and S*** that blaring right in your ear, or discussions about threesomes, or cutting off people's genitals and eating them (I'm not kidding!). Good luck trying to just "shut the door" to keep the racket out of the room - one night the movie noise above was so bad at 1030pm that the ceiling was actually vibrating (we weren't the only ones who complained that night!)

Of course, you probably won't want to go onto your lovely big veranda, because every morning you will find very large puddles of water from the guys who hose down the deck above - in this stateroom and this one only, the deck above only covers half the veranda floor area, the rest is open to the sky. Now, "water evaporates" I hear you say, so what's the big deal? Well, the guys hosing down the deck above are doing it for a reason - and that reason ends up all over your veranda every morning - all the grit, dirt, scraps of paper, and whatever else happens to be lying around up there.

If that isn't enough, when the engineers screw up the engine air/fuel ratios, which they did at least 3 times on our trip, your lovely veranda and rail will be covered in highly carcinogenic black particulate matter (AKA diesel soot) ranging in size from large specks to actual lumps about one half to two thirds the size of a US penny. The first time this happened, to give you an idea of how much we're talking about, in every square foot you would find 10 or so large chunks between 1/8-1/4 inch (about 3-6mm), 20 or more 1/16-1/8 inch (1-3mm or so) and countless smaller specks. All of these make anything they touch black, will ruin any clothes, and take a lot of work to get off your skin. We had them come clean it up a few times, which took quite a while. The white awning over the Bar below (which comes off at a downward angle just below the floor of your veranda and is about 12-14 feet wide) became absolutely disgusting and filthy with black muck - this they did not clean, nor all the particles on the stairs and other rear areas, although 1140, being directly on the center line, got more of this wonderful gift from above than any other location. Of course when you do manage to go to your veranda railing and look out, the filthy white awning dominates the view. Nice.

Surprisingly, the noise from the bar below was not too bad at all
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins