3. Norwegian Bliss
We were on this cruise as part of a group of 24. It was planned well in advance and not my typical choice of cruise .destinations. My wife and I usually prefer "medium" sized ships such as the Jewel class from NCL or the Brilliance of the Seas from RCCL and our past experience with larger ships was duplicated on the Bliss. Don't get me wrong a we had a fantastic time both on our own and during our time together as a group but I honestly feel you cannot get the same level of attentive service on these larger ships as you can on a 2000-2200 passenger ship where the crew to passenger ratio is better. In the complimentary dining rooms you will wait longer for your initial seating, your meal, dessert and you will see and talk to the staff quite a bit less. The food was of average quality in the complimentary restaurants with the exception of a couple of chicken dishes which were very tasty. Our experience in the specialty restaurants was excellent for service and the food was outstanding in 3 of them and so-so at Q which we all felt was over rated and far too salty to be enjoyable. Teppanyaki was awesome as always for service and food quality and our group had a great time there. Los Lobos was another wonderful evening with exceptional service from Francisco our waiter and he took control of our table and suggested our group of 12 try almost all of the appetizers. It was a very memorable evening and the same happened at Cagney's on another evening while some of group commented on the great food and service they received at Le Bistro. The go karts were a lot of fun and we had no difficulty booking them twice (later in the evening). The water slides were a blast and the entertainment was pretty decent all over the ship (not the best we have experienced but still decent). My wife and I had the thermal suite pass and really really enjoyed it. For a large group the Bliss is a great option as it gives everyone something to do at all hours. I also feel you need to have 4-6 dinners at specialty restaurants IF you want the best food options on the ship. For a couple I think we will stay with the smaller ships.

Great Ship and loads of fun

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by newbie68

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window

newbie68’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window
Cabin O8 5166
Very large cabin for the three of us with lots of storage and larger bathroom. Cabin sleeps 5 and we were too busy with our group to enjoy a balcony (which was a smaller cabin). I had a successful bid upgrade from a family inside to get this stateroom.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins