• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Inconsistent from the rest of the line

Review for Crown Princess to the Western Mediterranean
grinchychick
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

May daughter (30) and I (50) took this cruise to celebrate our milestone birthdays. This was my 20th Princess and probably my 40th cruise overall. It was my daughters 2nd Princess, and perhaps 10th cruise overall.

Embarkation/Disembarkation and transport was well done, easy and quick.

Cabin/Ship - This ship, like all Princess ships has a similar design in decks and cabins. We had a mini suite. The furnishings were fine, some updates to the décor would be nice. The bed in the cabins had been changed to a new Princess brand. We found the beds to be spectacularly comfortable.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Great size of cabin. Wonderful beds. Princess needs to deep clean their bathrooms a bit. the tile is grimy, just needs a little elbow grease.

Also, the towels, they are tiny and barely accomplish their job. Slightly bigger, and fluffier would enhance the experience.

Port Reviews

Athens (Piraeus)

We stayed right between the Acropolis and Zeus temples. Great location, lots to see and do without going far. Need at least an extra day or more in Athens.

Taormina (Messina)

I loved walking the winding streets up to the churches, and getting lost. Fun.

Naples

Wonderful, lots to do just right off the ship. Veer left after disembarking past the fort at the pier, there is a lovely area, plenty of shops and food and sights. All very close to the port.

Barcelona

Barcelona is huge. We spent 4 days there, and barely saw everything. If your only there for a short time, then pick something and do that. The markets on the Ramblas are worth a trip. Make sure you get tickets to the Famiglia or you'll only see the outside. The hopon/hopoff bus takes 2 hours per segment...you might want to skip if this is just a port visit.

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $284