3. Norwegian Dawn
We were looking forward to cruise as the last cruise we took was several years ago. We were looking forward to the freestyle dining and we bought the thermal suite package which was good value and lovely. The public areas are garish and dated and though our cabin was small, it was comfortable. It had only one outlet, but we did not mind. Embarking was smooth and we were excited for an autumn cruise. The crew. I know they work hard and are understaffed. However, it was not that the crew was inattentive; they were snarky and went out of their way to be unhelpful. There were eye rolls, wrong information and shoulder shrugs when asking for assistance or a question. I have never seen employees look so annoyed and contemptuous. We were unable to dock at Prince Edward Island because of terrible storms. They seemed not to be able to cope with change in schedule and not many things to take place of docking. We did not buy the private dining plan and the good was mediocre. Think Holiday Inn. Not terrible but not tasty and often served barely warm and not with a smile to be sure. There may have been a different experience if we had bought the private package. Because we were not able to port, I had to buy internet to deal with a family emergency at home. It was so slow when it worked and I bought 2 packages worth over 200.00 to connect a few times. It was difficult to turn off and if you had downloaded to 2 devices it often charged double time. Again, I had no choice as this was option as unable to port. If you know you will not need to connect with mainland for any reason, this won’t be an issue for you. I took this cruise with a friend hoping to convince my husband, who is no fan of cruise ships, that this was an option for South America as opposed to a smaller ship. I was also hoping to like it enough to treat extended family to a cruise as they live next to a port and it would be easier to do that then fly them to our home. This may still be an option, but definitely not with NCL. If you are thinking about a foliage cruise or visiting Nova Scotia I would recommend it as it is beautiful. However, do not take NCL.

Abysmal Service and Ship