3. Navigator of the Seas
We chose this cruise as it was going to places we wanted to go to, at the time we wanted to go and was the right price I had been looking forward to this cruise to have a couple of weeks away from cooking, and meal planning. I only found out some worrying things about the vegetarian food served in the dining rooms whilst I was on board after a couple of nights. Firstly even though food was on the menu with a v next to it, and at the bottom of the menu it showed the V next to vegetarian, after asking for food to be sent back as it had non vegetarian cheese on it that these foods were available as vegetarian, but weren't necessarily vegetarian. I had to explain to the head waiter why some cheeses weren't vegetarian and in this day & age that shouldn't be necessary, and when i spoke about vegetarian wine, i may as well have sprouted a second head as they (the waiter, head waiter and wine expert) didn't believe there was such a thing. I had to prove this was the case when i had to buy wine when off the ship to be able to drink on the ship as they couldn't sell me anything they had.(all you have to do is ask google if a wine is vegetarian or not) and the desserts were a joke, at lunchtime when there were about 20 desserts available, not one was vegetarian. When calling their after cruise line I was told i should have told the relevant people onboard, I did, from the Maitre d to the head chef and waiting staff. I explained the food wasn't satisfactory and was told that I had too high expectations and they couldn't help that I wasn't satisfied, and they weren't my nanny!! I was thanked for taking the time to call them but was told they never compensate unless someone has died, she didn't seem to care that my holiday was ruined or that i was severely disappointed with the cruise. Other than that, the normal food wasn't that great, the luggage at embarkation was a mess, the disembarkation was even worse, the cabin was small with a tiny bathroom, with the toiletries being 2 bars of soap and a nasty yellowed plastic thing in the shower that was 2 in 1 shampoo. The evening entertainment was poor to say the least and there were too many silly things on during the day so you could easily miss something, they could have done less but better ones. The staff towards the end of the cruise were very invasive as they all wanted to get a good rating on the survey, to the point of me having to ask one of the waiters to leave us alone after 20 minutes of being interrogated as to the rating we would give him. The prices for everything on the ship were not even vaguely reasonable with a standard tube of Pringles being $9.99, and a glass of wine and a gin and tonic at $19. I would love to say some great things about this cruise but the best bits were the frozen yoghurt on the sunbathing deck and the weather.

Do not travel with them if you are vegetarian or vegan

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by barrowc

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

barrowc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6278
It wasn't great, the sink in the bathroom was chipped and the the cabin was small with a tiny bathroom, with the toiletries being 2 bars of soap and a nasty yellowed plastic thing in the shower that was 2 in 1 shampoo.
Deck 12 Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins