MSC Musica Cruise Review

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Asinason

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The ship is very nice and the staff (waiters, bartenders, stewards) were all great, but the ship is managed terribly. Embarkation was bad and we got no direction where to go other than a security guard yelling at me in Italian about something I couldn't understand. We figured out that our cards showed the wrong drink package on the second day, we had asked several staff about it and we were told it was fine. We went to the front desk once and they said it was fine. Went back again and they acknowledged it was wrong and fixed it, when I asked for a partial refund for the 2 days it was wrong the front desk blamed me for not finding it sooner and for asking the wrong people about it. When I said I asked the front desk the girl told me I should only ask her about it and not trust anything any other staff tells me. She then said I would get no refund since it was my fault. After another argument I walked away and complained to someone else. A few days later they finally agreed to give me a credit for the error. Overall just bad customer service. The staff in the excursion office was not helpful. We wanted to go to a beach and their advice was to go to this island at one port. We get there and take a look, there was no beach on that island and everything on it was closed. A cabbie wound up taking us to. Nice beach a few miles away. Pool and hot tubs were cold and always full of kidl. The staff seemed to avoid English speakers so it was hard to get a drink or ask a question. Worst part of the trip was the disembarking. Very unorganized. Was told to go to a lounge and they would dismiss us in an orderly fashion. What they did was walk in and tell everyone to go so it was a mob to try to get out at once and tool forever. Then we were told the shuttle would drop us in the city center where we could catch a cab or bus. We were actually dropped off just outside the gate to the port where there were no cabs and we had to drag our big bags for 20 mins on bad streets to the city center. Even locals were mad about were they dropped us at. Overall I would not cruise MSC again. Like I said good ship, some staff is nice but information is not good and everything is poorly managed. Also they say its English speaking, not really true you must know some Italian if you want get around the boat or ask questions.

Asinason's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 9096

Nice cabin with a balcony. The ship shakes a lot while moving so sleeping was hard as there was a constant vibration.

Santorini

One of our favorite stops. Just know the line for the cable car back down to the ships can be 2+ hours in the afternoon. Ship never said this so a lot of people had to walk the long way down to make it back in time.

Asinason