My friend and I wanted to encourage our husbands to enjoy the Normandy area and we wanted to see parts of France, including Paris.... this trip fit the bill.... We had done our own exploration of Normandy for several days before the cruise and were very glad that we did.... I think a 1 day 10 hour excursion cannot capture the magnitude of what is available in that region for history lovers..... But, we LOVED our cruise with AMA.... the staff was superb... the food was delicious and ample, the shore excursions were guided by local experts.... I posted photos and notes from our trip at www.parisandnormandy.wordpress.com When we pictured a trip along the Seine, we pictured cute little town and riding our bikes along the river bank.... we were able to do that more than once on this trip. There were exercise classes every morning and afternoon that were available to all and even a small fitness room. It allowed you to work off some calories to be ready to eat the yummy desserts. I would describe our experience with the local guides as spotty.... some were superb and we would not change a thing.... others were so full of knowledge about the subject that they could NOT adjust for an audience of travelers who just wanted to soak in the BEAUTY of a particular site.... No blame to AMA, but a weather event precluded the majority of the people who went to the Normandy excursion to go to the American cemetery.... it was a major disappointment to them, but certainly AMA rebounded by finding other places they COULD go on that excursion... and did it on short notice as well. We would travel with AMA again in a heartbeat! If only we could be PLOPPED in our departure city and not have to make the flight!

FABULOUS trip with a wonderful crew and good friends....

AmaLyra Cruise Review by wildcatginny

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

wildcatginny’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaLyra price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A
We were very comfortable in the cabin.... it was efficiently put together and was better than many ocean cruises I have been on.... in comparison to a Viking longship, the only extra room we had was an ACTUAL balcony on which we could sit.... but this one had a HUGE window and sliding door..... terrific.
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Honfleur
    Beautiful spot.... great guide... a little crowded in town on market day.... thought the guide might have encouraged us a little more to stay out of the way of the locals who were trying to do their normal shopping.