Columbus Cruise Review

Columbus

Columbus Cruise Review by kimothyk

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

I chose this cruise because I always wanted to visit Norway.Also I was travelling alone and had never been on a cruise before. I had an qbsolutely marvellous time. I came home fitter and healthier (and I never used the gym. Didnt have time.) But I did see the equipment and was suitably impressed. I was rested and had learned new skills. I had FUN. The food was great,and I was on a very restricted diet. But the catering manager really looked after me.The staff and crew were lovely. Again I felt looked after yet respected. The sanitation rules were quite strict but I felt physically safe to use the handrails and public facilities due to seeing them almost consistently cleaned. Ive even adopted the sanitation procedures at home and my hands and nails have never looked better.

As for the enrichment activities.I am now the proud owner of a lovely hand made flower and beautiful pop up card. I could never do anything like this before. The craft centre activies were great.Lovely people teaching and a great social event too.

Now to the entertainment.I read in another review that there was only one guest performer.True. But he performed twice on my cruise and both shows were completely different.After seeing him the first time I couldn't wait to see him again. The dancers and singers were fantastic.Im a music teacher (violin and piano)and ex dancer so I really do know what Im talking about.Well trained talented people who were a joy to watch and listen to.Another special mention should go to the band.Excellent musicians. As for the two young female pianist and violinist.Absolutely beautiful.So hardworking and so very talented. The magician Ian who was cruise director was another hardworking and talented man. I hate magicians generally but I thought Ian was very good and was also a lovely approachable person with lots of personality and always made time for anyone. The last time I felt like this about a holiday was in Orlando at the Dusney parks. I felt looked after and valued. i will definitely chose to go with C&M again.

kimothyk's Full Rating Summary

Cabin superior outside single 9102

I loved my cabin. A couple of times it was a bit cool at night.But then I dont have any form of heating in my bedroom at home. It was easy to adjust the temperature and I did notice that on one particularly wet cold day, when I returned from a long excursion my steward had very kindly adjusted the temp of my cabin.So that I didnt end up with hypothermia

Canal Tour

Very enjoyable cuise on the canals with a great guide

View All 311 Canal Tour Reviews
Flam Railway

Weather was awful that day. Could do with q bit more time in Voss.Flam a bit of a tourist trap.

View All 212 Flam Railway Reviews