3. Disney Dream
My husband and I were traveling on the Disney Dream for a 4 night cruise with my daughter, her husband and their 7 and 5 year old daughters. What a cruise !!! Our assigned boarding time from the online check in was 12:30, but we arrived at the port at 10:30. We had to wait for the terminal security to open at 11 am, and this was the slowest part of boarding the ship. Once we went thru security, we waited about 20 minutes to get to the check in desk. Since we checked in online, this process was only 5 minutes. We were assigned to boarding group 20, and it moved swiftly....we had perfect timing as our picture with Minnie was complete when they announced our group. After that, it was minutes until we got on the ship where we were announced as we boarded. The kids loved that. The stateroom was not ready until 1:30, so we went to the Animiators Place for lunch. It was the beginning of 4 nights of great food. Even the Canana buffet was great! We were the early dining group and it worked out perfect to see the fabulous shows in the Walt Disney Theater at 8:30. The three shows that we saw, The Golden Mickeys, I Believe, and Beauty and the Beast were Broadway quality. (We did not go to the Halloween movie). Get to the theater early if you want a good seat....no later than 8. Castaway Cay is unbelievable. The most pristine beach, perdect for a day on the beach. Great buffet lunch of ribs, burgers and hot dogs in a perfect setting. The employees work hard to make the private island perfect. We went to the adult area and had massages which were one of the best that we have ever had. The pirate party was amazing....go early to sit on the deck and the show goes on over your head. The fireworks were unreal also. For the day at sea, chairs around the pool are at a premium if you want shade. So many people save seats and then they never show up at the chairs. But I don't know how Disney can control that unless they remove items left on the chairs. And make sure you go on the AquaDuck. It is so much fun. Our thanks to Heidy and Franco, our servers, for making every dinner fun. The cabin was spotless and the bathroom situation on our balcony room was perfect....2 small bathroom, one with a tub/shower and sink and the other with toilet and sink. I could get ready while my husband showered. Lots of room with the raised bed for your luggage underneath. My granddaughters loved the bunk bed situation with the stars on the ceiling. We put our bags out of the cabin by 10:30 that night and they picked up promptly. We waited about half an hour at customs. We've sailed on Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribean and Celebrity. Disney by far has the best attributes of any of the other cruise lines. While more expensive, you feel like you get yur money's worth. Other hints: don't waste you time getting off the boat in Nassau. The pool is less crowded and you are not missing anything in town. Get off the ship as soon as you can in Castaway Cay....you can get a better chair with more shade. Go to the sit down restaurant for breakfast for a more civil start to the day. We went to the buffet only on Castaway Cay day for time purposes. Don't be afraid to buy some wifi time. The Dream had the best service of any ship we've been on. Allow time for the kids to be admitted to the kids club....it gets crowded for special events in the club.

Our best cruise yet!

Disney Dream Cruise Review by laplume

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Our thanks to Heidy and Franco, our servers, for making every dinner fun.

laplume’s Full Rating Summary