3. Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer
This cruise was part of a 15 day tour of China with a luxury tour company. The accommodations on this ship were by far the worst of the tour. I have been on several river cruises in Europe and the Yangzi Explorer simply fails every comparison test. My room was dirty and stunk of Urine. There were mosquitos and flies everywhere. No screens on the windows. A/C did not work well at all. WiFi was a joke. Management seemed not to care and just gave excuses. The bar on deck six is nice, but the staff needs to be trained better in making cocktails. Service in the bar was friendly but staff seemed overwhelmed if the request was anything that varied off of the mundane. The resturant was nice and the food was good. Breakfasts were excellent with lots of variety. The cruise itinterary was okay. The guide on the boat who commented on what we were seeing was annoying. Talked constantly about nothing at all. If you have been to Norway or New Zealand, the scenery in the Three Gorges will not impress that much. It is pretty and others on the trip found it amazing. I was constantly saddened by the amount of trash I saw floating down the river. As this cruise is often part of larger itineraries, many visitors to China will end up on this boat. If someone had the choice of taking this cruise or not on a visit to China, I would probably say "Don't Bother". The spa is mediocre at best. I booked three treatments. Cancelled the third after the underwhelming experience with the first two. Since this is supposed to be the nicest boat on the river, I do wonder what the others are like. I am also shocked that Sanctuary considers this boat to meet its standards. There is also NO WAY this boat was refurbished in 2017. If it was, Sanctuary needs to complain to the company that did the refurbishment.

Not up to global standards

Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer Cruise Review by CookGirl

CookGirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer price drops

Dirty and smelly. Carpet smelled like urine. Bugs everywhere.

More Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer Reviews